What's new

Owen's accountability thread

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did 15 minute on treadmill at 3.2 MPH, then one weight circuit, then 15 minutes on a bike to cool down. On the hydromassage table now- who ever invented this needs the Nobel Peace Prize. Overall, for a first time, I am happy.

I'm 67 and my wife is 65. In May we started counting calories and getting on the treadmill for 30 to 45 minutes everyday. I was at 189 lbs and she was 183, today I'm 151 and she is 133. It was slow and easy. If you have a partner it's a lot easier because you keep each other on track. You will feel better and feel better about yourself. The only problem is you have to keep buying new clothes so you have less to spend on shaving gear. Just get with a sensible program and stick to it and you will make yourself healthy and proud. Good luck with your journey.

That's impressive. Congrats and well done!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just 20 minute on the elliptical tonight. I strained my back at work, but still wanted to do something

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The great thing about hitting the gym at 2330 is that you can do what you want. The 30 minute workout is 10 weight stations plus 10 step stations. My legs are strong, plus I work them out on the treadmill before and bike after weight training. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, then went through the weight portion of the circuit twice. My back was starting to feel soar, so I called it good and hit the hydromassage chair. I am actually enjoying this.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My back has been feeling bad all day. I may have pushed too hard- I have gotten excited about working out, which I haven't done in 20 something years. I am not yet used to the activity. So, I am taking the night off, and will do cardio and weights tomorrow night. I am not getting discouraged- it is a process that my body has to adjust to. Next week will be better, and the week after that will be even better. It is weird, though- I have felt energetic all day (except for the aching back). That may be psychological though.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Take it easy, Owen. It's very easy to go too hard at the start.

I use to do a lot of weights. After a long break from it, I started up keen as mustard. Well I pushed the weight up too soon and strained my shoulder, doing upright rowing and military press with free weights.
I should have kept the weight light, with high reps and not worried about what I use to lift to start with.

If your feeling beat up don't discount the benefits of just getting out for a walk, may not seem like you're doing much but its far more then doing nothing and every little bit is a step in the right direction.

dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Take it easy, Owen. It's very easy to go too hard at the start.

I use to do a lot of weights. After a long break from it, I started up keen as mustard. Well I pushed the weight up too soon and strained my shoulder, doing upright rowing and military press with free weights.
I should have kept the weight light, with high reps and not worried about what I use to lift to start with.

If your feeling beat up don't discount the benefits of just getting out for a walk, may not seem like you're doing much but its far more then doing nothing and every little bit is a step in the right direction.

dave
I may just do treadmill tonight.

During the first month you will be very sore, that's normal. Whenever I begin a new regiment I take Ibuprofen to get through the first few weeks of soreness.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
During the first month you will be very sore, that's normal. Whenever I begin a new regiment I take Ibuprofen to get through the first few weeks of soreness.
I know- I pulled my back at work a few days ago, and the pain isn't normal workout pain.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did 20 minutes on the treadmill to get my heart rate up, the 35 lifting weights. I took Saturday and Sunday off- it felt good getting back at it. The hydromassage prior to working out really helped.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Just finished five days of cardio, with 3 days of weights. Thank heavens it's Friday

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Great job Owen!!
Now go and reward yourself with a slice of grapefruit pie!!

Just finished five days of cardio, with 3 days of weights. Thank heavens it's Friday

I was just about to send you a message to see how things were going. Keep up the great work! Great results happen from little choices each day.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great job Owen!!
Now go and reward yourself with a slice of grapefruit pie!!
Actually, haven't had any bacon in a few weeks. Getting ready to have some with a couple eggs.
I was just about to send you a message to see how things were going. Keep up the great work! Great results happen from little choices each day.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
Thanks. I'm feeling a little sore, but my energy level seems to have gone up. I am having to push it faster and steeper on the treadmill to get my heart rate up. A bit of a difference from two weeks ago, when just looking at it did the trick :)

Actually, haven't had any bacon in a few weeks. Getting ready to have some with a couple eggs.

Thanks. I'm feeling a little sore, but my energy level seems to have gone up. I am having to push it faster and steeper on the treadmill to get my heart rate up. A bit of a difference from two weeks ago, when just looking at it did the trick :)

Awesome! I firmly believe that every time you make a decision, you are reinforcing a habit. Every day that you run, it gets harder NOT to run, and vice versa.

Keep up the great work, and lean on those close to you when you need help.

Happy Shaving
-Chris

Top Bottom