What's new

Oneblade Razor

Couple of points,
Both Cobra and Cobra King are discountinued. They are sold on eBay for prices higher then they was, but that are not unobtainable.

If they are so confident, why they change design to make usage of gem despined blades more difficult. It's not an evidence of confidence.

399$ or 499$ razor has a limited market. I think they are living on borrowed time. Beluga razor which is 125/150 $ range has similar head and pivot action and uses regular DE is out in two months. Then it will be a competitor and we all see how ondblade fares . May be this Feather SE wide head combo is truly unique, then good for them.

Regarding the number of shaves per blade.
If blade hit hair with 90 degree angle then it is cutting only. If blade hit hair at 0 degree angle it is scraping only. Any angle in between is a combination of both. I think scraping dulls the blade quicker then cutting ( my guess ).
May be angle in oneblade is less, so it s more scraping hence quicker dulling.

I really wish I can try one of these because I have been obsessing over this razor a lot and I sure would hate to toss around $400 unless it's the best thing I have ever used.

Couple of general things, first is a definition of 'best shave'. If it's the closest one, then multiblade cartridges might be the winners since they cut ( or at least they claims to cut) the hairs below skin level so shave should last longer. If it's irritation free, then it's something else.

Also everyone have different hair and skin, so may be a specific razor/blade/soap indeed provides best shave, but only for certain hair/skin combinations.

A very high resolution photos of shaved face taken on regular intervals after the shaving with diffetent razors/blades for different group of people may be used for analysis. I am sure companies like gillete has research centers and such data exists , but it's all proprietory and no chance it will ever be published

I really wish I can try one of these because I have been obsessing over this razor a lot and I sure would hate to toss around $400 unless it's the best thing I have ever used.

Are you going to stock up on blades? Maggards doesn't have all that many left. From what I've been told by another supplier, Feather wants you to buy that blade from OneBlade.

I subscribed to a 3-packs-every-3-months deal from OneBlade, 20 bucks for 3 boxes shipping included. Once I hit 6 or 9 boxes I'll cancel. I have a couple hundred Ted Pella Gems laying around so I should be set for a while. Now if I could just find a cheap source of Personna pathology blades for my Durhams.....

I subscribed to a 3-packs-every-3-months deal from OneBlade, 20 bucks for 3 boxes shipping included. Once I hit 6 or 9 boxes I'll cancel. I have a couple hundred Ted Pella Gems laying around so I should be set for a while. Now if I could just find a cheap source of Personna pathology blades for my Durhams.....

$20 is not the best price but not terrible. I may retire my Valet never used.

The biggest mystery to me is why the FHS blade is still being manufactured. There must be another application for it; it's been obsolete as a shaving blade for at least 50+ years. I hope OB is a success if it ensures continued availability of this blade.

I chose the 30-blades monthly delivery. I shave every day and I use each blade for two shaves so practically one blade is for immediate use, one is for inventory.

Many guys have said on several forums that the OneBlade gives them the best shave ever. Meaning very close and smooth without any irritation. I felt the same way. But as Bob has said prevously, it takes away any skill you may have acquired. You don't need any skill. It makes shaving boring again. I sold mine.

I presume this mfr. has integrity and they say you can return it at anytime during the first 30 days. I would not have tried it otherwise.
I enjoy mine enough that I decided it's a keeper.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks, it is numbered 09999, so I would hope there will be a big enough market to justify continued blade production. There are also more Valets still out there than we realize. No matter, it's an experiment I'm glad I took.

Ron I

The biggest mystery to me is why the FHS blade is still being manufactured. There must be another application for it; it's been obsolete as a shaving blade for at least 50+ years. I hope OB is a success if it ensures continued availability of this blade.
Can't argue against your logic. While I don't like their exclusive blade arrangement with Feather, I'll get over it. Seems that deal stuck in the craw of a number of us. The continued blade availability that may result is not to be discounted.. Thanks.

Can't argue against your logic. While I don't like their exclusive blade arrangement with Feather, I'll get over it. Seems that deal stuck in the craw of a number of us. The continued blade availability that may result is not to be discounted.. Thanks.

But we have the gems forever

From what I understand, you return it and are still out $100 bucks.

I presume this mfr. has integrity and they say you can return it at anytime during the first 30 days. I would not have tried it otherwise.
I enjoy mine enough that I decided it's a keeper.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks, it is numbered 09999, so I would hope there will be a big enough market to justify continued blade production. There are also more Valets still out there than we realize. No matter, it's an experiment I'm glad I took.

Ron I

From what I understand, you return it and are still out $100 bucks.

That's only if you buy the package deal, with the soaps and brush, etc. You will basically pay for the software if you want to return the razor. But if you just buy the razor, 30 day 100% money back guarantee if you don't like it, shipping paid both ways. There's nothing to lose.

Feather-man, your pictures with the GEM are forthcoming...

Top Bottom