What's new

Oneblade Razor

Those blades can be used in other razors.

I believe the Feather blades were originally made for the Valet Autostrop, or at least the Feather version. I have only seen one posted on B&B, but they do exist.

I am hosting a OneBlade pass-around elsewhere. When it winds down I may flip it over to B&B so that others can experience the razor. It has practically ruined me as I find it so incredibly smooth, and it provides my face with the best shaves of a lifetime.

Thanks, but you might want to keep that a secret!

I'll delete my post if you delete yours.

I posted about this on another forum, but I believe it's EU law that a supplier cannot restrict a seller from making a sale, but the supplier can impose limitations such as having the retailer not actively solicit business from another region. So in this case Feather, the supplier, can get Connaught, the seller, to post that they cannot sell outside of the UK, but if a non-UK buyer goes on Connaught and makes a purchase, Feather cannot require Connaught to cancel the sale. I tested this by buying 960 Feather blades that are currently sitting in my shave den. :)

Another point to note, OneBlade is not the distributor for the United States. Here is an email that I got in response from Feather when asking for the United States distributor:
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your e-mail of April 20th 2016.

We understood that you are interested in our single edge shaving blade FHS-10 in the USA. Thank you for the interest you have shown in our product.

Please be informed that we have a distributor in the USA.
So, you are kindly requested to contact following representative.

NAME: Jatai International
ADDRESS: 6980 Hermosa Circle, Buena Park CA 90620 USA
TEL: (888)965-2824
FAX: (714)670-9440
E-MAIL: [email protected]
CONTACT PERSON: Mr. Dean Wada

They will give you any information on behalf of us.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

././././././././././././././././././././././././.
Hisashi Ikehiro (Mr.)
Senior Manager / Overseas Trade Division
FEATHER SAFETY RAZOR CO., LTD.
3-70, Ohyodominami 3-chome, Kita-ku
Osaka 531-0075, JAPAN
TEL: +81-6-6458-1638
FAX: +81-6-6458-1611
E-mail: [email protected]
URL: http://www.feather.co.jp/
./././././././././././././././././././././././././

Last edited by a moderator:
Those old SE razors? I forgot the name.

They were made to fit the Valet Auto-Strop series of single edge razors.

At one time Feather was selling a copy of the Auto-Strop which is how/why Feather got into making these blades in the first place.

--Bob

That sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

It's amazingly quick and easy! I too thought it would be tedious and potentially dangerous until I tried it. Feather could make it easier by offering their blades with a spine, and give Personna/GEM some real competition.

So how many shaves per blade were peple getting? I get two three pass shaves then throw. Might try three shaves but probably won't.

Oy. I don't own a OneBlade, but this is in large part the reason. It came down to the Mongoose (not cheap) and the OneBlade (kinda brilliant, but really not cheap). I went Mongoose because of so many good things said here and elsewhere about the Artist's Club blades, and my lack of confidence in getting affordable blades (or blades at all) for the OneBlade. The whole specialty blade thing seemed slightly fishy, bordering on a scam.

Oy. I don't own a OneBlade, but this is in large part the reason. It came down to the Mongoose (not cheap) and the OneBlade (kinda brilliant, but really not cheap). I went Mongoose because of so many good things said here and elsewhere about the Artist's Club blades, and my lack of confidence in getting affordable blades (or blades at all) for the OneBlade. The whole specialty blade thing seemed slightly fishy, bordering on a scam.
Scam or not, the question of availability of blades is problematic. I have gone down the ATT and Mongoose path which seems safest.

Scam or not, the question of availability of blades is problematic. I have gone down the ATT and Mongoose path which seems safest.

I do not understand the comments about blade availability. Feather has been around since 1932. Auto strop razors first appeared in 1937 or so, and I imagine Feather started making their model and these blades shortly thereafter...and they are still making them. I find it hard to believe Feather would suddenly stop when they are now experiencing a resurgence in demand. Price is another issue. [emoji4]

I do not understand the comments about blade availability. Feather has been around since 1932. Auto strop razors first appeared in 1937 or so, and I imagine Feather started making their model and these blades shortly thereafter...and they are still making them. I find it hard to believe Feather would suddenly stop when they are now experiencing a resurgence in demand. Price is another issue. [emoji4]

This makes sense.

The problem is not the availability of production, but rather than OneBlade has become the sole distributor in the US. *
At least that is the claim, I've seen 'em for sale at a few places online :)

*or not, having read Journeyman's post.
Why is shaving so confusing????????? :)

Last edited:
The problem is not the availability of production, but rather than OneBlade has become the sole distributor in the US. *
At least that is the claim, I've seen 'em for sale at a few places online :)

*or not, having read Journeyman's post.
Why is shaving so confusing????????? :)

Thanks for pointing out what I failed to read closely, Haggises. If they have cornered the market that IS troubling. Like many others I stocked up when Bullgoose carried them...or bought overseas. I like a bargain as much as anyone else. [emoji4]

Everything is relative. Even at 90 cents a blade, if you get 2 shaves per blade, it seems like it's worth it to me. If you feel it shaves that much better than other razors which many guys have stated it does. I've read where a lot guys say it the best razor and shave they have ever got, poonjaji being one of them. In this hobby we buy all kind of things that cost well over a $100. I don't think the price of blades will be a big problem for most of us.

Last edited:
I get a Feather DE blade for 25c each. And they last a dozen or more shaves.
the best blades in the world, the Feather Pros, even at 75c each get over a dozen shaves.
A buck a shave or two shaves is getting into cart territory.
Maybe you're right and the kind of person who can afford 300 for a razor doesn't think much about the cost of the shave.
Me, I'd put aside the 2-300 I'd spend on keeping myself in blades for a year on something more exciting, like a carbon fiber curling broom or a new ultralight tent b

Not to nitpick or derail the thread, but the Auto-Strop razor was introduced in 1906. I have a model B1 in my collection that dates to circa 1916. An Auto-Strop razor was among the personal effects recovered from the Titanic wreck site. There was an Auto-Strop "Military Kit" made during World War I.

And yes, the Feather blades will fit these early Auto-Strops.

--Bob

I agree with poonjaji that the shave is so good that it's ruined me for other razors. In regard to blade price, I'll get the best deal available because why not? However, that's certainly not a breaking point for me because if I wanted to save money shaving I'd stop buying so many shaving brushes. I think there's a funny cognitive dissonance in the shaving community around blade price. Many of us got into wet shaving to save money because those gosh darned cartridges are so expensive. Then we discovered how much fun shaving can be and fell down the acquisition disorder rabbit hole. At this point we crossed the line from shaving as utility to shaving as hobby. Now to be sure some of us in this hobby do so for a very reasonable amount of money spent. However, once you're like me with more gear than you can reasonably use in a lifetime (see previous reference to shaving brushes), then "saving money" is really not the goal anymore, but somehow if we can just save a few more pennies on blades, then hey, it makes us feel better about purchasing yet another [insert redundant shaving item of your choosing].

I kind of hope Gillette makes a Oneblade type razor and then uses a proprietary blade that you can only purchase through them. Be interesting to see people's thoughts. Oneblade is pretty much stealing their sale plan so it's not much of a stretch.

Top Bottom