What's new

OK, had ankle reconstruction 3 weeks ago, how long for me to bounce back?

I had the stitches taking out, and now the Doc put me in a soft cast......what can i expect now?

$777.jpg$GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Best wishes and prayers - get well soon!

As for what happens now, I'd have to say your orthopedist would probably know best. :001_smile

You did that shaving?! Let's talk technique, shall we? :wink2:

But in all seriousness, that looks like it'll take awhile. Don't rush.

Best wishes for a *complete* recovery!

Rick

Hi Alex: I'm not certain on the time frame. Are you doing ROM (range of motion exercises)? Are you able to place 100% weight bearing to your whole foot? How's your physical therapy doing? It doesn't appear to show any signs and symptoms of infections: i.e. redness, swelling, drainage. Are you having any numbness or tingly feeling to the area?

I just hope you have a speedy recovery. If I remember correctly... you are a very active person who goes to gym regularly. Remember to keep foot elevated when you are sitting for prolonged time. Kindly keep us posted.

WARHAWK

Ho...... ouch man! Reminds me of my knee surgery. Get ready for a lot of physical therapy. And pain to go with it. But were with you man.

Having had reconstructive surgery twice just follow doctors and physiotherapy directions. There will be days where everything feels fine but get the nod of approval before pushing it. Ankles are one of the hardest to repair and if the recovery isn't done well it may never go back. Your physiotherapist is about to become a good friend.

Having had reconstructive surgery twice just follow doctors and physiotherapy directions. There will be days where everything feels fine but get the nod of approval before pushing it. Ankles are one of the hardest to repair and if the recovery isn't done well it may never go back. Your physiotherapist is about to become a good friend.

Thanks, it going on 3 /1/2 weeks and i hope it heals properly.......

Hi Alex: I'm not certain on the time frame. Are you doing ROM (range of motion exercises)? Are you able to place 100% weight bearing to your whole foot? How's your physical therapy doing? It doesn't appear to show any signs and symptoms of infections: i.e. redness, swelling, drainage. Are you having any numbness or tingly feeling to the area?

I just hope you have a speedy recovery. If I remember correctly... you are a very active person who goes to gym regularly. Remember to keep foot elevated when you are sitting for prolonged time. Kindly keep us posted.

WARHAWK
Mel, you sounded like my Doctor for while there:biggrin1:...it only been 3 half weeks since procedure, he took out stitches last week and put in soft cast, it may be another 2 weeks before i can put weight .

I exactly know how you feel, 3 and a half months into the process myself. Fibia , tibula broken? Any plates , screws? ORIF surgery? Whats your softcast?

Top Bottom