What's new

NOW CLOSED 2017 B&B Gold Dollar Mod Competition- Novice Class

Bring it on over!

Actually, as shiny as yours is, I can use it as a flash reflector to light mine up. :lol:

@sfeile
TBH Shawn its not that shiny, I just use the trick of light 1000watt flood light even rust looks shiny with that.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
I don't use nothing fancy I'm a simple kind of guy, just my Samsung S7 edge phone, point and snap as I'm crap at taking photos.

@sfeile
TBH Shawn its not that shiny, I just use the trick of light 1000watt flood light even rust looks shiny with that.:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
I don't use nothing fancy I'm a simple kind of guy, just my Samsung S7 edge phone, point and snap as I'm crap at taking photos.

Try putting your light to one side then a piece of white posterboard or even a few sheets of paper on the other side to act as a reflector. Or even a second light. Something to make a fill light. Not quite 90 degrees to the side, but play with it a little. Also put a single sheet of paper in front of your light. It will soften the light so it isn't so harsh.

I went out with an old school friend that loved taking "selfies" but was complaining how bad her phone camera was. I took it and just angled her to the light correctly and told her how to turn her head and snapped a couple. People thought she had them done for her at a photographer.
Lighting makes a world of difference.

I did get my pins, but I haven't made my wedge or pinned it together yet.......... Been working on my forge. Almost done with it.
Probably take a few minutes and finish the razor tomorrow.

@sfeile I'm so pleased your pins have turned up mate, I was even getting ready to bring you some. :001_cool::001_cool: But while I was looking for mine I found the pins and could I find the washers nope, So it must be catching so how is the forge coming along cant wait till we see ya forging your own blades. But its going to be nice to see yours all done and looking good with those scales on.

@sfeile I'm so pleased your pins have turned up mate, I was even getting ready to bring you some. :001_cool::001_cool: But while I was looking for mine I found the pins and could I find the washers nope, So it must be catching so how is the forge coming along cant wait till we see ya forging your own blades. But its going to be nice to see yours all done and looking good with those scales on.

Getting close with it. Got a pretend "horn" on my anvil now, and the forge is done to the point I'm tinkering with placement on the burner so I can put the top on.
I put an update in the heat treat/forging thread with a couple pictures.

That whole lost pin thing... there has to be some pin eating gnomes or something running around...

I absolutely completely utterly whole-heartedly without a doubt, despise those :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: tiny little :censored: pins! For me, it's like trying to thread a sewing needle with a piece of one inch cable and a sledgehammer..........

But I go it..... finally..... after using every stinking pin in the bag...... and I think I still bent them..... :a52::a52::a52:

Going to give it final little polish, then hone it. Should I post a pic here? Or wait for the final entry thread?

Ah what the heck.... Here's a quick one.

DSC_0217.JPG

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
You're never 100 percent happy with your own work, but it looks great man. There's some serious competition in this class.

I know I'm my own worst critic.... but I think the next one I do is going to be bolted, or a kamisori.:lol:

Hopefully it will hold up against these other guys, they have some great looking razors.

@sfeile Shawn see told you that you was holding out :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2: . Mate that looks Stunning really really nice and you have done a fantastic job with them scales, they really catch the eye oh and them pins can be critters at times. My fingers are way to big you want to see me trying to get the washers, I'm pleased I'm not the only one.

@sfeile Shawn see told you that you was holding out :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2: . Mate that looks Stunning really really nice and you have done a fantastic job with them scales, they really catch the eye oh and them pins can be critters at times. My fingers are way to big you want to see me trying to get the washers, I'm pleased I'm not the only one.
C'mon Ian.... Me holding out? You make this stunning gold wash piece and then go and improve it more!?!?!? How are we supposed to keep up with YOU? :001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu

Thank you though. And yes.... I hate those tiny little freaking things.... You would have laughed your butt off watching me try to fit the pin, washer, scale, bushing, blade, bushing, scale, and washer all in place.... You may have needed earplugs though... :a31::a31::a31::a31::lol:

C'mon Ian.... Me holding out? You make this stunning gold wash piece and then go and improve it more!?!?!? How are we supposed to keep up with YOU? :001_tongu:001_tongu:001_tongu

Thank you though. And yes.... I hate those tiny little freaking things.... You would have laughed your butt off watching me try to fit the pin, washer, scale, bushing, blade, bushing, scale, and washer all in place.... You may have needed earplugs though... :a31::a31::a31::a31::lol:

Shawn the air was blue here as well, but your lucky you have the bigger washers mine are bloody tiny. I was using tweezers with a very fine point that I use for building coils for vaping.

Shawn the air was blue here as well, but your lucky you have the bigger washers mine are bloody tiny. I was using tweezers with a very fine point that I use for building coils for vaping.

Oh sure..... now you tell me your secrets I was too dumb to come up with myself.... I got a freaking build kit sprawled out all over my table....... :a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52:

Oh sure..... now you tell me your secrets I was too dumb to come up with myself.... I got a freaking build kit sprawled out all over my table....... :a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52::a52:

I'm not saying a word,:em2700: but I will say its priceless and I bet there was a few choice words used when I said tweezers. :001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool::001_cool: that's why I go with Ice-Man one cool dude hahahaha

Top Bottom