What's new

November Challenge: Peace and Tranquility

You guys voted so here it is, the theme for November: Peace and Tranquility.

Not a specific physical subject, but rather something to be invoked in the viewer.

Cutoff date is the 20th, and judging will be from the 20th to the 25th.

As always,

One entry per person
You must be the photographer
Try to make it a recent one.

Have fun!

Here is mine, taken a few weeks ago. The history, the location, the stark contrast between it and the surrounding desert and the faith it reminds me of, and the quiet at sunset. this is peace and tranquility to me

proxy.php

How does everybody define 'recent'? I have a couple pics I'd like to decide between, but their about 8 or 9 weeks old. I'm going to take a few days and see what my camera finds, but if I don't capture anything, I have a couple very tranquil pictures I like.

My opinion, and the OP can give his answer, is that "recent" is relative. For instance, with the rain month, somebody who lives in the desert might have to use a picture from a few months ago. Yet, for nighttime, it can be taken any day.

My opinion, and the OP can give his answer, is that "recent" is relative. For instance, with the rain month, somebody who lives in the desert might have to use a picture from a few months ago. Yet, for nighttime, it can be taken any day.

I agree with it being relative. I personally think that 6 months or within the year is fine, this isn't a ultra-serious contest with disqualification rules in place anyway. Also, on hindsight, I think the word challenge is a somewhat of a misnomer when it implies that the photos entered have to be shot after the theme is decided.

IMHO, recent is 18 months or newer.

im thinking I need to stay away from the beach for this one. Are we going to vote in this thread? If not OP you might want to make a voting thread otherwise

Last edited:
IMHO, recent is 18 months or newer.

im thinking I need to stay away from the beach for this one. Are we going to vote in this thread? If not OP you might want to make a voting thread otherwise

You guys can start voting in this thread once the 20th has passed and all the entries are in, I think. Some people seem to get confused over where to post/vote.

My entry for this month:
This is where I enjoy many coffee's on the weekend. It's also the beginning of miles of trails where I do most of my hiking, biking and where I've been learning how to use my camera for the most part.

My entry for this month:
This is where I enjoy many coffee's on the weekend. It's also the beginning of miles of trails where I do most of my hiking, biking and where I've been learning how to use my camera for the most part.
Wonderful shot! Thank you for sharing!

$IMG_5491.jpg
This was in September, along the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire. This particular area for me is the definition of peace and tranquility.

Last edited:
First day of muzzleloader season here in Tennessee. I didn't see a thing, but I sure did appreciate this view from the tree stand.
$Peace&Tranquility.jpg

Top Bottom