What's new

North Eastern Illinois, South Eastern Wisconsin Interest?

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I’m still interested in a get together. Let’s try to revisit this great idea. I’m available more or less anytime starting the middle of March.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm between Flint and Saginaw Michigan. Depending on when and where, and my wife is welcome to drive me, my attendance is possible. Me and the War Department might make a mini vacation of it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm between Flint and Saginaw Michigan. Depending on when and where, and my wife is welcome to drive me, my attendance is possible. Me and the War Department might make a mini vacation of it.
That's a 5 hour drive my friend!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Weather looks promising mid May.
Gurnee is right off the I-94 corridor and easy to get to.
It's about an hour drive for me, and about the same from south of Chicago to North of Milwaukee so a pretty good choice of locale.
I can scout some locations near Gurnee Mills and post here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
@Wishoot @sanookd @FarmerTan @pdieten @Ratso @Four for Luck @thegeneral @timetofly @Captain Pre-Capsize @Freehand @Optionyout @rs_776 @mullard @JCinPA @DukeNDuke @Toothpick @Scarry Knight

So how about a brunch type get together on Saturday, May 21, 2022? Maybe 10:30 am or so?
Weather is looking nice right about then.
Thinking either the north or south Food Court at Gurnee Mills.
Lots of table space, right off the I-94 corridor, easy to get to - and not far from attractions in the area if you're interested in doing something else before or after the get together.

If you have an interest, please post here.
If you have a suggestion or an alternate date / time / location, post it so we can hammer it out!

If you are aware of anyone else who might be interested, please contact them and tell 'em about this thread!

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Near the race track
myself. Wondering…does the sporting goods store at the mall still have the shooting range? Might that be something to throw in?
The Bass Pro shop there does advertise an indoor range. I don't know anything about it though, as I'm not permitted to legally own a firearm in this land for which I bore arms for 22 years!
I'm sure that you could work out who might be interested amongst the replies here!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Possibly.... I'm headed home in a few from Indy back to mid Michigan. My calendar unfortunately is on a wall at home, and my leaking branes are out with my wife, shopping with her second best friend, LoL!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
11 days out. 10:30 target time.
Anybody want to commit?

South Food Court looks good. It's halfway between Macys and Bass Pro.
From the south or the north, take the Grand Ave. West exit, and turn right into Gurnee Mills.
You can park near Macys, and enter through Entrance D, walk past Rain Forest Cafe and turn right. The South Food court will be on the left across once you pass Kohls.

Image1.jpg

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
11 days out. 10:30 target time.
Anybody want to commit?

South Food Court looks good. It's halfway between Macys and Bass Pro.
From the south or the north, take the Grand Ave. West exit, and turn right into Gurnee Mills.
You can park near Macys, and enter through Entrance D, walk past Rain Forest Cafe and turn right. The South Food court will be on the left across once you pass Kohls.

View attachment 1453716
Works for me.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Ok, now that we’re meeting, how do we identify our group? I don’t look like my avatar photo.

Top Bottom