What's new

Nib Acquisitions March 2017

20170302_131309.jpg
Not a fountain pen fan, so excuse the heresy.

A Cannon tactical, by Cool Hand. Because, everyone should have a pen that can be lubed with gun oil.

Loaded with a Schmidt Easy Flow 9000 refill.

Last weekend I bought from Andersen Pens, 3 #16 sacs and a 1551 Esterbrook nib. When it shipped Monday, I figured I would have by end of the week. Then USPS took possession. Appleton, WI another town in WI, then Atlanta, GA (at which time I scratched my head just a bit) . Instead of on to Salt Lake City and me? Next stop: Oakland, CA. That was on 3/1 in the afternoon - expected delivery 3/2. The out scan was on 3/2 about 1:30 am. It finally hit SLC this afternoon..... Nothing like taking the long way around.....

Got some new ink and a Pensemble while in Singapore the other day ,the inks are Sailor Jentle Blue, iroshizuku yama-guri and from Montblanc Miles Davis blue,Ultra black,Lucky Orange .

Attachments

• IMG_new.jpg
    IMG_new.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 15
I'm a sucker for pretty, vintage celluloid. This inexpensive, third-tier Eagle definitely meets that criteria. Although the hardware is missing most of the gold plating, the 14K nib is a very nice, semi-flexible writer.

IMG_3809.jpg
IMG_3810.jpg

It had what looked like a new sac already installed, but it was leaking around the feed, so I took out the old sac, knocked out the nib and feed, cleaned and reset them (the nib seemed to be not pushed in sufficiently), and installed a new sac. All seems to be working properly now. Whoever did the work didn't reassemble it correctly. Fortunately, it was an easy fix.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I haven't been posting many of my acquisitions lately, but I'm excited to try this one.

img_20170320_235254797-jpg.777162

Attachments

• IMG_20170320_235254797.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
That stuff looks sweet Erik...looking forward to hearing what you think.

Indeed, it does. I'm going to try to give it a test run this weekend. I'm a fan of the other Edelstein inks that I've tried, so I have a feeling that I'll like Smoky Quartz as well. I have a few different reviews that I'm behind on with posting.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Lovely Eversharp Skyline nib from a demi model -- I've got plans to make a Pelikan 140 nib unit using it to replace a defective oblique medium. The 14k Skyline is a lot stiffer, possibly a manifold nib for carbon copies.

Eversharp nib.JPG

Color balance doesn't do the gold justice.

Top Bottom