What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jet's bet that Osweiler would sign with the Bronco's and didn't want to pony up starter money at $16-$18M per year for a 2-3 year deal to Kirpatrick. They don't see him as a long term solution but would offer him a short term deal at less than market value. Osweiler's signing with the Texan's is a setback for the Jet's because it put's Denver in the mix for Fitzpatrick. The
Texans weren't in the market for Fitzpatrick. Been there done that.

Denver's options were Osweiler, who is not seasoned, and a gamble. When Osweiler didn't take the home town discount, Kirpatrick is their only viable option. Kirpatrick had a 2:1 TD to interception ratio last year and a QB rating of 88%. Solid year and that's all they need. I think he can run their offense. All Denver needs is Kirpatick to be a game manager. They don't need him to win the game for them. The name of the game is to get the lead and hold on in the second half. They may have to give him the same contract they offered Osweiler.

Their interest in RG III and Kaepernik is a smoke screen. At this stage these guys are equivalent to D league players in the NBA. They don't need project QB's. They need a solid QB with experience to match a solid D that is weaker than last years but still solid. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Kaepernik is plan A right now. Elway almost drafted him and has had a continued interest in him over the years. I don't know what plan B is right now but there's no evidence that the Broncos are in the Kirkpatrick hunt at all.

Just realized I been posting Kirpatrick and off course I meant Ryan Fitzpatrick!

Plan A was Osweiler.

Plan B Kaerpernick.

My crystal ball says Ryan Fitzpatrick.

What does your crystal ball say?

Just realized I been posting Kirpatrick and off course I meant Ryan Fitzpatrick!
Hah, I copied your mistake! [emoji15]
Plan A was Osweiler.

Plan B Kaerpernick.

My crystal ball says Ryan Fitzpatrick.

What does your crystal ball say?
I like Fitzpatrick but see no evidence that the Broncos want him at this point. I don't really have a feel for the plan if the Kaerpernick deal falls through.

If you were Elway would you put out for public consumption you were interested in Fitzpatrick when the Jets are looking to re-sign him? That is only going to drive up the price. I think all the action is behind the scenes in private conversations with agents. The Jet's want Fitzpatrick but put out this morning they were looking at signing Hoyer! I think this is all diffusion. Look the other way.

Denver press has already lined up behind Elway. ie Bronco's better off with RG III, Kaepernick or Fitzpatrick than Osweiler. Not surprising, they do the same in every town after a controversial decision. They fire Francona in Boston and the Red Sox tear down his character.

So my crystal ball says Fitzpatrick. What does your crystal ball say?

I like Fitzpatrick, thought he was underrated until now. Don't care much for RGIII. Actually been kinda ambivalent about Kaepernick but think he's talented. If I were Elway I'd think Kaepernick has more of the physical attributes that he values, that remind him of himself. Fitzpatrick is a veteran who could keep things together. But not sure the Broncos would want to spend the $ he wants any more than the Jets seem to.

Your crystal ball pick is........ Don Elway is past the point of making value picks. He didn't lock up Osweiler in prior years when he might have been cheap. Not faulting him because Osweiler's not a sure bet. He's going to have to pay market value now.

Elway made the choice to keep Von Miller. I am surprised there wasn't more discussion about signing every one else and letting Von Miller walk. Great player but at what cost? That would have been a gutsy move. Gutsy like his firing of Fox.

Jump off the fence, which QB?

Your crystal ball pick is........ Don Elway is past the point of making value picks. He didn't lock up Osweiler in prior years when he might have been cheap. Not faulting him because Osweiler's not a sure bet. He's going to have to pay market value now.

Elway made the choice to keep Von Miller. I am surprised there wasn't more discussion about signing every one else and letting Von Miller walk. Great player but at what cost? That would have been a gutsy move. Gutsy like his firing of Fox.

Jump off the fence, which QB?
My crystal ball pick is Kaepernick. If that falls through, I'm not sure which between RGIII and Fitzpatrick is the lesser of evils. RGIII might be cheap if they could get him back to better than half of what he was his rookie year. Right now they're just renting Miller for $14 million with the franchise tag but they'll have to pay him big to sign him. Malik Jackson said “They could have gotten me done, could have gotten Danny done, could have gotten Brock done for less than nothing.” But that's more sour grapes than truth. The Broncos don't have a lot of cap space.

Last edited:
Votes are in! We will see who is right.

Von Miller is going to be $20M and $100M to some one on the open market. Can't be happy with the franchise tag.

Broncos 2012 draft class was pretty solid. Derek Wolfe, Brock Osweiler, Ronnie Hillman, Omar Bolden, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan. Still got, a couple of them...

No, he's gone. And we don't even get a compensatory pick for him since he was an undrafted free agent.
OK looks like I jumped the gun there, Anderson isn't officially gone for like 5 days. And yes apparently the Broncos are talking to Fitzpatrick's agents.

If I were the Bronco's I wouldn't overpay for Anderson. Good player but not for that contract.

Look at Fitzpatrick's stats. When he was in Buffalo they would go down by a couple of touchdowns early and he would force the ball into coverage. Game over. When he played with a good defense like he had in the last few years he didn't feel the pressure to win the game by himself. Much better stats TD to interception ratio. Fitzpatrick is an experienced QB and a Harvard grad. so he is no dummy. He is capable of picking up a new offense. I am not a Bronco fan. I hope they don't sign Fitzpatrick but I think it is the smarter move.

I like Fitzpatrick, don't have to convince me. But he's looking to cash in and neither the Jets or the Broncos have a lot of cash right now.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
There is confidence and there is swag. Confidence comes from dedication and humility in the learning process to acquire skills. Swag comes from a sense of entitlement, arrogance and self importance.

Lebron has confidence and swag. He dominates with skill and knowledge. He get coaches fired. But HE is THE MAN.

The problem with RG III is he has swag but hasn't dedicated himself to learn the fundamentals to develop the skills to become a starting QB. He pit the owner against the coach in DC. It worked for a while until he was exposed. The game proved much too fast for him. I don't think he learned much from his demise in Washington...(cryptic note he left in his locker).

Kaepernick ditto.

I would love to see the Kaepernick or RGIII-Elway show in Denver. Elway had an ego as a player. He made it work to his advantage. He has an ego as a GM. Bring them both in. Those personalities would be quite entertaining. Would bring back the excitement of the Tebow era in Denver.

There is a reason that running quarterbacks don't make it in the NFL. It is called NFL linebackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom