What's new

New Wallet

What kinda wallet do you gentlemen carry?

I've been carrying a money clip/card holder wallet for a few years now, and it's served me well, but I'm ready for a new one

Before that I carried a billfold, and before that a trifold, so I know how all three are.

What do you carry, and how many cards/cash do you carry in it?

i have a bison leather trifold, its been great and real tough. i carry a lot, my credit and debit cars, insurence cards, various licenses, couple small pictures of my son. course ive been looking at a better quality wallet, but leather is my style

I just bought one from Popov Leather. (black with black stitching) I've had it a couple of weeks and I still haven't switched over from my old wallet! (a bi-fold with a hole worn through it and fraying edges) I'll have to make a point of doing that today. I've been a front pocket carrier for a couple of years now and I believe I carry around 7-9 cards. Not all of those are of credit card thickness. This one has nice thick leather compared to the paper thin leather of my old wallet so this one should last as long as I do. [Pictures are from the Popov Leather site.]

proxy.php
proxy.php

I just bought one from Popov Leather. (black with black stitching) I've had it a couple of weeks and I still haven't switched over from my old wallet! (a bi-fold with a hole worn through it and fraying edges) I'll have to make a point of doing that today. I've been a front pocket carrier for a couple of years now and I believe I carry around 7-9 cards. Not all of those are of credit card thickness. This one has nice thick leather compared to the paper thin leather of my old wallet so this one should last as long as I do. [Pictures are from the Popov Leather site.]

proxy.php
proxy.php
I'm liking the popov leathers, I'd Probably get the business card holders that folds in half.

How tightly does it hold your cards? I've got 2 CC's an ID and a few paper thin insurance cards

The Popov wallets are fantastic. I have a bi-fold and front pocket as the above poster does. Quality is fantastic and should last a long long time. I also just acquired a Magpul essentials wallet which is a minamalist card holder type pocket wallet. Interesting if your looking for a non leather alternative.

Two years ago I bought a North Star - Biker Trifold and removed the chain. It's been a very nice wallet and even better its made in USA.

I carry a quad-fold designed for cards, found at Wally-World. I have to carry all sorts of certification cards for work, and this makes it much easier. Other than the trucker's wallets, this is the largest I've seen in a store.

I'm liking the popov leathers, I'd Probably get the business card holders that folds in half.

How tightly does it hold your cards? I've got 2 CC's an ID and a few paper thin insurance cards

If you're carrying 2 CC's an ID and a few paper thin insurance cards then you'd be in very good shape. I carry a CC in one of the outer pockets (there's a pocket on each side) and in the middle I put 6 cards of CC thickness and 2 cards that are paper thin and I didn't have to force them in. My wallet is brand new and the fit for all that is snug but I can still get the cards out with not too much effort. Ryan at Popov Leathers said that with use, the leather will become more pliable and stretch a bit and kind of mold itself to the contents of the wallet so for me, it will become less snug over time.

I recommend Ryan and his business Popov Leathers without any reservations. His product is of exceptional quality and exceptionally hand crafted. He's very friendly and his communication is excellent. He will promptly respond to any questions or concerns you might have. Mine was made to order over the holidays so I had to wait a bit for it but it was well worth the wait.

Last edited:

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I like these simple card holders for nights out. I will watch this with interest. Any one got a plastic sort of one they could recommend.

41t-ngEe59L__SY300_.jpg
Since I have to carry a shield and department ID at all times, I just put everything in something like this. Mine has rounded corners. Cash goes in a money clip.

After my credit card was skimmed at a restaurant bar a few years back, I bought a wallet with RFID protection.

I like these simple card holders for nights out. I will watch this with interest. Any one got a plastic sort of one they could recommend.

Couch Guitar Straps do interesting things with Vintage car upholstery. Bought a few of their various wallets for me and others as well as guitar straps and i'll buy more. They have a lot of other items besides guitar straps and wallets.

Slimline Wallets - Wallets

dave

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

Exactly what I have by Popov Leathers. I love it. I've got about 10 cards in it evenly distributed on both sides and some folded cash.

So I bought the Hammer Anvil wallet today. It was 12.99 on prime. Why not if it only lasts one year. I hardly use it anyway.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've tried many different styles and the one that works for me is a thin bi-fold. I like leather. Thin is the key for me. Tri-folds get small in the wrong dimension. I carry about 8 cards between medical, AAA and credit cards. I try to keep the cash to larger bills and occasionally have a note or ticket going along for the ride.

I have my cell phone in my front pocket.

Top Bottom