What's new

NEW RAZOR BLADE

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
@walpan

I was one of the first to mention the My-Blades, back when they were running their first kickstarter. But I thought it was weird that they had 0-supply on their official website. Then they started an IndieGoGo, which is just another kickstarter with a silly name. And they still didn't have supply on their website, and all they had were broken links.

At the time, I considered the site shady as heck, and I blew the whistle on that, because nothing felt right about any of it. I am still glad that I chose not to waste any of my money donating to a kickstarter, that just might fail as quickly as it started. I am not made of money, and I won't just throw it away like that.

Having said all that, now seeing that their official website is actually working now, with no broken links, and actually have blades for sale, this makes me feel better. I too have wanted to try those blades, I even like the claims of using electric forge fired by green energy, and the use of recycled materials, that is excellent of true!

Considering I just spent a lot of money this month anyways on shaving supplies. I think I am going to give their company a month to bloom. I am hoping that by December, we will have multiple reports in on My-Blades, where there will be lots of folks giving their review, not just you. If other's also agree with what you said Walpan, and like those blades, I will most likely buy a pack next month.

Besides green energy usage, and the use of recyclable materials. The other thing that interests me in the marketing claims, is the sharp and smooth factor of the blades. Personally, I agree with @nemo though, I am on somewhat of a budget, at least within reason. I will probably end up getting the silvers, both for cost, and I also like the claim that they are thicker.

Will see how it all goes. But when it comes to a brand new product, I am always skeptical until proven otherwise. And like I said, this company was really shady throughout its start. Honestly, why bother having a website if nothing works on it? Why not make the blades available to everyone? Nothing about it made any sense.

Which is why I appreciate, that they finally have grown up from the child stage, and started acting like adults at that company, by providing a site that works, and a product that is available. Like the mods on this site, I am not easily fooled, so a company has to work hard to prove that they are legit. I don't just accept whatever a company says at face value.

I appreciate you bringing this change to our attention @walpan as it allowed me to know of the change, and so I got a tab open for the blades now that I want to buy next month, if all goes well with the reviews. Your review alone speaks volumes, as I trust you. Lets see what the other's thing though.

More expensive than Feathers and Med Preps, so a hard pass for me.

Also, Gillette has been making blades for over 100 years as a comparison. I don’t expect this small new KickStarter funded company to make something better than a market leader with 100+ years of manufacturing experience out of the gate.

@walpan

I was one of the first to mention the My-Blades, back when they were running their first kickstarter. But I thought it was weird that they had 0-supply on their official website. Then they started an IndieGoGo, which is just another kickstarter with a silly name. And they still didn't have supply on their website, and all they had were broken links.

At the time, I considered the site shady as heck, and I blew the whistle on that, because nothing felt right about any of it. I am still glad that I chose not to waste any of my money donating to a kickstarter, that just might fail as quickly as it started. I am not made of money, and I won't just throw it away like that.

Having said all that, now seeing that their official website is actually working now, with no broken links, and actually have blades for sale, this makes me feel better. I too have wanted to try those blades, I even like the claims of using electric forge fired by green energy, and the use of recycled materials, that is excellent of true!

Considering I just spent a lot of money this month anyways on shaving supplies. I think I am going to give their company a month to bloom. I am hoping that by December, we will have multiple reports in on My-Blades, where there will be lots of folks giving their review, not just you. If other's also agree with what you said Walpan, and like those blades, I will most likely buy a pack next month.

Besides green energy usage, and the use of recyclable materials. The other thing that interests me in the marketing claims, is the sharp and smooth factor of the blades. Personally, I agree with @nemo though, I am on somewhat of a budget, at least within reason. I will probably end up getting the silvers, both for cost, and I also like the claim that they are thicker.

Will see how it all goes. But when it comes to a brand new product, I am always skeptical until proven otherwise. And like I said, this company was really shady throughout its start. Honestly, why bother having a website if nothing works on it? Why not make the blades available to everyone? Nothing about it made any sense.

Which is why I appreciate, that they finally have grown up from the child stage, and started acting like adults at that company, by providing a site that works, and a product that is available. Like the mods on this site, I am not easily fooled, so a company has to work hard to prove that they are legit. I don't just accept whatever a company says at face value.

I appreciate you bringing this change to our attention @walpan as it allowed me to know of the change, and so I got a tab open for the blades now that I want to buy next month, if all goes well with the reviews. Your review alone speaks volumes, as I trust you. Lets see what the other's thing though.
Thank you for the kind words. My only issue is that there are no Conus retailers that currently carry the blades. I know that the company is looking for a partner.
I hope someone grabs the opportunity early.

As far as my experience, bot versions of MY-BLADES. Platinum and Silver work wonderfully in the Ares V2, the Blackbird Ti and the Osprey. All of my shaves have been Great. I found that the Platinum worked much better with the more aggressive razor. The Silver worked great on all my razors. YMMV

I put this out there so our forum members would see that there is another new choice in blades. Where the company is registered for legal service purposes seems irrelevant. The issue to me is if the blades are any good. I enjoy them, you may not. I guess that is the choice everyone will have to make. I will also be interested in your review of the Bali blades.
I learn about a lot of great products because of the discussions on B&B!!

I'm curious about these blades, and looking forward to more reviews about them!!

@walpan, if you had to choose 1 of these, which blade performed best across the board - Platinum or Silver?

I learn about a lot of great products because of the discussions on B&B!!

I'm curious about these blades, and looking forward to more reviews about them!!

@walpan, if you had to choose 1 of these, which blade performed best across the board - Platinum or Silver?
i have 4 razors. 2 adjustables and 2 mid to aggressive razors. The Silver works best for me in all razors. I like efficient shaves. If your razors are aggressive then the Platinum will be great. If you like milder shaves then the Platinum is your choice. If you like very efficient shaves the Silver is the choice. This is really a YMMV situation. Hope this helps.

i have 4 razors. 2 adjustables and 2 mid to aggressive razors. The Silver works best for me in all razors. I like efficient shaves. If your razors are aggressive then the Platinum will be great. If you like milder shaves then the Platinum is your choice. If you like very efficient shaves the Silver is the choice. This is really a YMMV situation. Hope this helps.
It does. Thank you. I lean toward milder razors.

This will be a wait and see here. I already have a fair amount of razors and shave supplies yet it still seems to be growing.... strange I know but also have been stocking up (or I should say) am pretty stocked up on razor blades but still am open to reading about it and seeing more feedback.

I contacted the company for clarification on their process.
The following is what I was told.
The metal is German steel. The final razor processing is done in Pakistan.
The address in Hong Kong is strictly for legal purposes.
They are NOT a Chinese company.
I hope this helps.

“Made in Germany” vs “Made in Pakistan” is quite a big difference. But I never believed they were made in Germany.

I also don’t swallow that “German steel”, which contradicts the statement on their website. If it’s recycled, how to they track the steel provenience? Since when a product made in let’s say China, shipped to Germany and at its end of life is being recycled and then suddenly becomes “German steel”?
Our carefully considered materials, sourced from all over the world, all have unique and exciting stories to tell."

Another thing: anyone working in development knows it cannot take years to a serious team to develop a simple DE blade out of “80% recycled materials”.
"After years of research, we have developed the world's first sustainable razor blades made of up to 80% recycled materials.

The whole story behind this company stinks. It stinks worse than a skunk in danger.

Last edited:
“Made in Germany” vs “Made in Pakistan” is quite a big difference. But I never believed they were made in Germany.

I also don’t swallow that “German steel”, which contradicts the statement on their website. If it’s recycled, how to they track the steel provenience? Since when a product made in let’s say China, shipped to Germany and at its end of life is being recycled and then suddenly becomes “German steel”?

Another thing: anyone working in development knows it cannot take years to a serious team to develop a simple DE blade out of “80% recycled materials”.

The whole story behind this company stinks. It stinks worse than a skunk in danger.
Don't buy them.

I contacted the company for clarification on their process.
The following is what I was told.
The metal is German steel. The final razor processing is done in Pakistan.
The address in Hong Kong is strictly for legal purposes.
They are NOT a Chinese company.
I hope this helps.
I don't have much experience with Pakistan manufactured blades, but I have has some Chinese blades that were very good (and some lousy ones, too). I know that they're not a Chinese company, but just saying "where" the blades are manufactured doesn't really mean much; quality can vary quite a bit within the same country.

Still intrigued and looking forward to some additional reviews.

Top Bottom