What's new

NEW RAZOR BLADE

reposted from another thread

MYSTERY BLADE REVEALED

I have been given clearance to reveal the blade that I have been using. First, I must tell you why I couldn't reveal the name. My understanding of the Forum rules is that you can't discuss an item that is not readily available to the public. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of blades to try.
The company is MY-Blades. They first came out with the Platinum version which I have discussed. That blade is smooth and mild. I found that it works best in a mid to aggressive razor and delivers an excellent shave.

This new MYSTERY BLADE is their second blade produced. It is called the SILVER. The blade is a bit thicker and harder than the Platinum. I have found that this blade works great with mild, mid and aggressive razors. This is strictly my opinion, but I have found it to be as sharp as the Feather and extremely smooth. YMMV. The price is excellent. I am normally a one and done blade user, but I used this one 4 times and the sharpness and comfort, to me, were the same throughout.
I have no financial or personal interest in this company. I saw the product and decided to give it a try. I am happy I did.
The only downside is that they only come in packs of 100, no individual tucks of 5 or 10 are available.
The coating on the Silver is a proprietary coating. I don't know and frankly don't care. I only care if it gives me a great shave, and it did.
If you are interested, their website is www.my-blades.com
Great shaves to all.

They are a German company. I know very little about them. They used to make razors also, but stopped to concentrate on the blades which are made primarily of recycled metal. I can only tell you that whenever i had a question, they were always responsive and I have enjoyed the blades. FWIW.

lasta

Blade Biter
Yes, I see they neglect to tell where they are manufactured.
They are mysterious!
How do you know it's a German company?
Did a bit of quick digging.

Our fellow German wet shavers at F-d-R said that My Blades are owned by My Brands Limited. A Hong Kong registered company using a cheap $380 company address service.

Not trying to be skeptical or anything, there are good MIC blades around. I'm waiting to try some Baili Platinums which are rumoured to be quite good.

Did a bit of quick digging.

Our fellow German wet shavers at F-d-R said that My Blades are owned by My Brands Limited. A Hong Kong registered company using a cheap $380 company address service.

Not trying to be skeptical or anything, there are good MIC blades around. I'm waiting to try some Baili Platinums which are rumoured to be quite good.
I put this out there so our forum members would see that there is another new choice in blades. Where the company is registered for legal service purposes seems irrelevant. The issue to me is if the blades are any good. I enjoy them, you may not. I guess that is the choice everyone will have to make. I will also be interested in your review of the Bali blades.

I don’t think so. But it would be worth contacting them
I was just checking their website and this caught my attention:

"Zero Waste and Becoming Plastic-Free

We took the opportunity to remove plastic from our packaging where possible. We can happily report that all the plastic used in our products has either been 100% recycled or will be compensated with the help of Plastic Bank by taking the equivalent amount of plastic we used out of the ocean to maintain a healthy ecosystem.
"

The plastic part isn't really something unique as some other brands are doing the same. On their website they mention "electric furnace", I'm sure that sounds environment friendly but if the electricity they use isn't green then there is nothing environment friendly about it.

"After years of research, we have developed the world's first sustainable razor blades made of up to 80% recycled materials. Epic, right?

Our carefully considered materials, sourced from all over the world, all have unique and exciting stories to tell."

Materials sources from all over the world, how did they ship them to in Germany (if these blades are made in Germany) by a plane? Or a large ship that uses diesel and pollutes the ocean? :biggrin1:

"You could be shaving with part of a fighter jet, a rocket that’s been to space, or any other premium products that have been repurposed to give you the smoothest shave of your life."

This is interesting because it makes me question the consistency of the blades. I'm not trying to crap over them but sometimes these people who want to "save" the planet sounding very ridiculous. If you really cared about the environment then you shouldn't be using any electronic devices and start petitions against the food producers who pack all our food in plastic.

I contacted them and asked them if I can buy a sampler pack. I'm super curious about their product.

lasta

Blade Biter
I put this out there so our forum members would see that there is another new choice in blades. Where the company is registered for legal service purposes seems irrelevant. The issue to me is if the blades are any good. I enjoy them, you may not. I guess that is the choice everyone will have to make. I will also be interested in your review of the Bali blades.
Hey Walpan,

Again, not trying to be negative or anything. Just curious who makes them. Blade tasting is one of my favourite parts of wet shaving, and I'll likely try these out some time!

It's just that knowing the backstory behind blades piques my interest. We even have members here such as @Mopar Mark who were directly involved in setting up blade factories!

If My Brands managed to source some truly outstanding slicers, I'd like to know what else is coming off the production line.

Hey Walpan,

Again, not trying to be negative or anything. Just curious who makes them. Blade tasting is one of my favourite parts of wet shaving, and I'll likely try these out some time!

It's just that knowing the backstory behind blades piques my interest. We even have members here such as @Mopar Mark who were directly involved in setting up blade factories!

If My Brands managed to source some truly outstanding slicers, I'd like to know what else is coming off the production line.
Lasta, I think all your questions are very reasonable. I can't answer any of them other than what I have been told by the company. The blades are made in Germany. I have no idea if it is their factory or sourced out. I can tell you that if you ask these questions to them directly, they will respond.

I'd be willing to give them a go, but at $38 and $24 (shipped) they cost more than I'm willing to risk on a blind buy.
I've mailed them and asked them if they sell samples. Germany isn't far from here and if they sell samples I'm willing to share them with you if you're interested.

I'd be willing to give them a go, but at $38 and $24 (shipped) they cost more than I'm willing to risk on a blind buy.
Okay I got an email from them, they don't offer samples but they send me a link of an another website who offer samples. I got 50 blades of the Platinum and Silver. I paid 29.75 for them incl shipping which was 10.45 euro. Pretty expensive for 100 blades. I ordered extra just in case if anyone else want a sample from me. Heh, for 40 euro I could get 250 Wizamet Super Iridium blades. Well, we'll see if this was it worth or it's just an another product I'll avoid like the plague (yes I'm looking at you Derby Extra) :biggrin1:

Okay I got an email from them, they don't offer samples but they send me a link of an another website who offer samples. I got 50 blades of the Platinum and Silver. I paid 29.75 for them incl shipping which was 10.45 euro. Pretty expensive for 100 blades. I ordered extra just in case if anyone else want a sample from me. Heh, for 40 euro I could get 250 Wizamet Super Iridium blades. Well, we'll see if this was it worth or it's just an another product I'll avoid like the plague (yes I'm looking at you Derby Extra) :biggrin1:
That's great. I really look forward to your evaluation of the blades. Please keep us informed.

Now, that's what I call "taking one for the team"!

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom