What's new

New 'pure bliss' knot from apshaveco

Just saw they released a new knot. I won't guinea pig this one but hopefully someone can let us know how it performs and if it's worth buying.

Just saw they released a new knot. I won't guinea pig this one but hopefully someone can let us know how it performs and if it's worth buying.

Just ordered one.

Just arrived. Both have the new Pure Bliss knot. Dry reaction - soft like a tuxedo but more backbone. Maybe a softer G5C.
20240518_113726.jpg

I used the 99-4 last night. Probably simplest impression is a softer G5A with more backbone. Seems to pick up and hold water/lather a little better than the G5A. All things equal I'd probably pick the Pure Bliss. I did a face lather, tonight I'll see how it bowls.

I used the 99-4 in a bowl lather last night. I am impressed. It whipped up a great lather almost instantaneously. While I have only used it twice, instead of comparing it to my other synthetics, it most closely reminds me of my Oumo Lotus Manchuria LM-1 2-band badger knots. Not bad for a synthetic.

I used the 99-4 last night. Probably simplest impression is a softer G5A with more backbone. Seems to pick up and hold water/lather a little better than the G5A. All things equal I'd probably pick the Pure Bliss. I did a face lather, tonight I'll see how it bowls.

I used the 99-4 in a bowl lather last night. I am impressed. It whipped up a great lather almost instantaneously. While I have only used it twice, instead of comparing it to my other synthetics, it most closely reminds me of my Oumo Lotus Manchuria LM-1 2-band badger knots. Not bad for a synthetic.
okay, ordering this week. Plus i love the aesthetic of this knot! Very well done @apshaveco

Tried out the new knot from AP ShaveCo - the Pure Bliss. Very good water retention and soft as a
feather on the cheeks.
I used the SV Puck like a shave stick and the brush whipped up a fluffy perfection of a lather.
Not an easy job for it's first outing. Overall really nice face feel with a pretty adequate
backbone and splay.
I could see this fast becoming a favorite brush.

IMG_0706-compressed.jpeg

Top Bottom