What's new

New Aqua Velva balm

Here's the review I posted in the other thread.

I hadn't seen any pictures before I went to the store. Honestly, a little disappointed when I saw it... I was thinking they brought back the original and was expecting to see this:

proxy.php

But instead of a bottle, it's in a tube:

proxy.php

I think it works great though. It says lightly scented, so I wasn't expecting much. I was actually impressed. It smells exactly like AV Ice Blue, just weaker. It fades rather quickly, but a few hours later I can still catch a whiff if I rub my hands on my face.

The consistency is a bit thicker than Nivea, and overall, I like the scent and performance better than Nivea. This is another great, cheap go-to balm.

I just used some this morning, and I like it. It goes on a bit greasy like a lotion, but if you work it in, it leaves no greasy feeling. Pretty good stuff.

I picked up a tube of this new AV balm the other day. I used it twice, and likely won't use it again. The scent bothered me. It smells nothing like Ice Blue to my nose, and my skin was irritated after an hour or so of applying it each time. And this is a sensitive formula? Ha! what a joke. I have used Ice Blue for almost forty years, and will continue, but this new balm is not for me. I hoped it would be like the balm of several years ago, wrong again I am. Looks like it will be a hand lotion for me.

I have been using the new 5-in-1 balm for about a week now. I have to say I really like it. I am normally a Nivea Sensitive user. I have been using the AV in place of it.

The scent is nice and light. To my nose it is similar to, but a bit heavier than, the Nivea balm. The AV goes on a bit heavier, but requires a smaller amount of product for complete coverage. Both leave my skin feeling great.

For about a buck cheaper at the local Wally-Mart I think I may switch to the AV permanently.

So I have been using the AV Balm exclusively during the Willy challenge and in my opinion it is better than Nivea Sensitive. It is not as greasy, dries down better, and just has an overall better face feel. I really like it! Glad I picked up two tubes.

I like the AV balm better than Nivea Sensitive. It is really a nice product! The scent is similar to AV Ice Blue (classic) after it dries down, but it has no menthol.

I picked up a tube to try, it is a lot denser than Nivea and absorbs in much faster. The smell is light and I don't think it smells anything like Ice Blue. I like the way it feels after it absorbs into the skin, will buy more, since it had $2 off coupons attached.

I bought 2 tubes at wal mart a week ago. Both had the $2 off coupon but I had to dig in the back to find them. I love this stuff. It does go on greasy at first but that goes away as it absorbs. I really like the scent too but it disappears quickly, I wish it would stick around longer. I will keep this on hand and will probably stock up on it in case it is not a long term product.

Just tried this myself. It feels very soothing and I found that a little goes a long way. I think I'll buy some more of this, and possibly use it to replace Nivea.

The balm is NOT Ice Blue scented. It does not contain the fragrance oils used in Ice Blue. Not sure what some of you are sniffing. Smells like generic hand lotion.

I have used this a few times, and my opinion has changed. I think it is a little too much like a lotion, and it doesn't absorb as well as I thought. I will be sticking with Nivea. I actually think Afta is better than this as well.

Here's the review I posted in the other thread.

I hadn't seen any pictures before I went to the store. Honestly, a little disappointed when I saw it... I was thinking they brought back the original and was expecting to see this:

proxy.php

But instead of a bottle, it's in a tube:

proxy.php

I think it works great though. It says lightly scented, so I wasn't expecting much. I was actually impressed. It smells exactly like AV Ice Blue, just weaker. It fades rather quickly, but a few hours later I can still catch a whiff if I rub my hands on my face.

The consistency is a bit thicker than Nivea, and overall, I like the scent and performance better than Nivea. This is another great, cheap go-to balm.

Reviving an old thread…

This stuff is amazing. But it seems to have disappeared from physical store shelves!

Reviving an old thread…

This stuff is amazing. But it seems to have disappeared from physical store shelves!
Though it is still listed on AV's web site, you are correct. It has disappeared from store shelves, at least in my region. I noticed it dwindling a couple years ago and snagged a second tube when I ran across one because I like it too.

Top Bottom