What's new

Never Ending Travel Box

Cella is a nice tallow soap. Performs well. It's scent is a very traditional Italian scent called almond, but which is actually almost extract, and not roasted almonds (like I was expecting), and the scent it really more like Marzipan (or Dr. Pepper if you are from the southern US :)) Some almonds scents have a cherry note to them as well (so you get Cherry Dr. Pepper). Cella doesn't have much cherry, as opposed to RazoRock which has much stronger Cherry notes. There are also a few almonds scents that are based on the almond flower (like 3P and DR Harris) but I'll skip them. Unlike Barbershop, Sandalwood, Bay Rum, etc. scents, which can be all over the map, Almond scents are much more similar in nature. The main difference I usually detect is the level of cherry.

Here are some well know almond soaps out there you might have run across. If you have, then you have an idea of what Cella smells like:
  • Cella
  • RazoRock Classic (same as TFS almond)
  • RazoRock P160 (Tallow version of Classic - homage to unobtanium P160)
  • Valobra (soft soap) - very similar to Cella. Not as good as their legendary hard soap. (not bad, just not as good)
  • TOBS Almond
  • Sudsy Soapery Almond and Vanilla. (Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper!)
  • Mystic Water Almond

You missed this

01. mightyeskimo
02. bingo82d
03. davidr2340
04. wcasey5716
05. MacQ
06. Sdm84
07. wgn!
08. Quijote
09. Mitretnuh
10. bahomebrew

Per his profile page, bingo82d hasn't been active since last October. You might have to skip him. @syngent it's your box, what do you want to do?

If that's the case, I'll preemptively add my name.

01. mightyeskimo
02. davidr2340
03. wcasey5716
04. MacQ
05. Sdm84
06. wgn!
07. Quijote
08. Mitretnuh
09. bahomebrew
10. BigSpivito

Happy Shaving
-Chris