What's new

Need Ink Recomindations

Hello all. I have a HS Blue Lagoon and I can not find the right ink for it. I am looking for an ink to match that is a fairly wet flowing ink. I have tried Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, it is to dry and to pale green when as dry as my nib writes, Pilot Iroshizuku Kon Peki, it is to blue but flows great. I would love any recommendations.

Visconti Blue is a wet, gorgeous royal blue.

Iroshizuku Asa-gao is a much more interesting blue than Kon-peki, in my experience.

And, of course, there is the blue of all blues: Waterman Serenity Blue. This ink is the gold standard for fountain pens. Just about every nibgrinder/tuner uses it to test nibs.

Visconti Blue is a wet, gorgeous royal blue.

Iroshizuku Asa-gao is a much more interesting blue than Kon-peki, in my experience.

And, of course, there is the blue of all blues: Waterman Serenity Blue. This ink is the gold standard for fountain pens. Just about every nibgrinder/tuner uses it to test nibs.
Judging by a quick Google of the pen I think op is looking for a turquoise (much as I am partial to visconti blue myself). So Waterman Inspired Blue may be a better bet. I have a bottle and can vouch for it being as well behaved as Serenity Blue.

Waterman flows well in most pens but I find their blues a little too pale. (Serenity Blue will clean stains off of demonstrators, in case you're interested. I've used it over the years for that purpose.)

You can check out Diamine ink swatches. Their blues are great. I like ASA Blue, Kensington Blue, Blue Black, and Registrar's.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Visconti Homo Sapiens Blue Lagoon
1644957583706.png

Since you like the performance of the Iroshizuku, why not try other colours in that range? Ama-iro seems a good match, but get a bunch of samples and see what you think.

Top Bottom