What's new

My weekly trip to Pasteur Pharmacy ;-)

Hello Gents,
Prelude
Thank you to the many fine posters. With the enticing pictures dancing in my head I made sure to include visiting Pastuers a priority today. Neither my wife or I had been to Ny city in years but, we now have family n friends recently moved there. So when she mentioned making a trip downstate I researched intresting shave supplies and, stumbled on this thread. As someone still new(since last november) to DE wetsaving I have been combing threads and video reviews but have been reluctant to just buy "blind" scent unsmelled. So the hint of a place that not only has amazihg selection but many testers out was a winning ticket.
the Visit
After a long bus ride down from Albany and a 7 or 8 block walk from the drop off the wife and I decided to catch a quick nosh at Mendys kosher deli(2doors down),not wanting hunger to interfere with the shop.
Upon entering we were greeted by a nice lady named Selina although I asked after Leon or, Steve I had just missed them. Selina was very helpful in showing the first aisle where all the shave gear was. When I mentioned I had heard about Pastuers from Badger n Blade she offered a 10% discount. I have been wanting to try a Dr Harris bowl soap, and Cella. I was finally able to smell them, never mind find them in a real store! I ended up going with the lavender scent(lolth liked the scent best as well, bonus!) They were out of the dr windsor pucks sadly but maybe next time. I also spied the Proraso blue tube and liked that scent. with my green tube almost out I scored again! Mutterings from Swimbo warned me I should beat a hasty retreat so with great restraint I only added a couple of 5 packs of never before tried but much regarded feathers and iridium polsilvers.
In conclusion I have many reasons to return and will be pushing for more visits to the city in the future.
Heres a fun pic of my restrained looting session..
$2014-09-12 21.22.58-1.jpg
Upon entering

Last edited:
I have visited both the lexington ave and 34th street stores recently and the 34th street store has a much greater selection. They have more razor's, brushes, and a lot more variety of blades. Lucky to have either one, but just thought people coming from out of town might want to know this.

My wife and I just spent a long weekend in New York City. Our hotel was only 6 blocks away from the 34th Street store, so it became an essential visit. My targets were TOBS Grapefruit and Salters French Vetiver, but/and my eyes were open to other possibilities. Wow! Neither were on the shelves on Saturday when we first visited - kind of a reconnaissance visit. But that didn't seem to matter much in the context of everything else that's there! I left knowing that I would have to do some research before returning (on Monday). The shaving "guy" wasn't at the store when we visited. One must item was Trumpers Milk of Flowers which I have wanted since receiving it in a sample pack a few years before. At $38.95 it was a bargain.

We returned late Monday afternoon. While we still didn't see the "shaving guy", TOBS Grapefruit was on the shelf, and I added the Milk of Flowers and a DR Harris shave stick. Nice! I envision returning in the coming months since we are from Connecticut and Pasteur is a short walk from Grand Central!
I found their prices to be most reasonable. Maybe next time, I'll be fortunate and meet Steve or Leon.

I'll be heading down to NYC next Saturday and will be going to Pastuer's! I can't wait. I'm sure I will end spending a small fortune. :thumbup1:

Visited Pasteurs for my first time today. Wow. I want some of everything. I'll have to drop the B&B name next time. What a selection! Makes me feel like maybe we're not the only nuts.

My new RAD struck hard today, focused on the Merkur Progress adjustable Long handle (#510). And since I left work early, and Pasteur was virtually on my way to Penn station - give or take 6 blocks, I dropped by Pasteurs after some research on Amazon. Not only did Pasteurs best Amazon by $5, or about 6%, they also honored a B&B discount of 10%.

What a deal and a great store.

The sheer selection of wet shaving supplies in either the uptown or midtown locations is amazing and should not be passed up by anyone visiting NYC, especially those new to traditional shaving. Westminster (London) is also a pilgrimage with all the the tradition, but Pasteurs' range of products is simply overwhelming. It's the wet shaver's Willie Wonka if you ask me.

I'm headed to the City for work tomorrow, will be there until Tuesday. Found this thread in a search, and cannot wait to go. My goals are to buy Feathers and Floid, possibly La Toja, we shall see.

I'm headed to the City for work tomorrow, will be there until Tuesday. Found this thread in a search, and cannot wait to go. My goals are to buy Feathers and Floid, possibly La Toja, we shall see.

You'll have to restrain yourself quite a bit to leave with just what's on your list :) Good luck!!!

I visited Pastuers for the first time this past October. I was overwhelmed by all the products. Every shelf revealed something new to me. Unfortunately I got there right before closing and was only able to test the scents of a few products. I did purchase assortment of blades, some Arko cream, Musgo real, and Floid genuine AS. Awesome place for a wet shaver.

I seem to be developing a weekly Pasteur's habit, too. It's so good to look at and imagine . . ..

Great prices, too. They're as good as Amazon, and then there's the Badger&Blade 10% discount. I actually as shopping for T&H Grafton ASB, as if I needed an excuse to be there. I made a point of introducing myself to Leon, who was delighted when I introduced myself as a B&B guy. He really appreciates all the mentions here.

I was also looking for a tub of TOBS Almond cream, which was not on the shelf, so Leon said he'd get it from the other store of the supplier in a day. Then he gave me a bag of Jack Black samples. Quite a guy, quit a store!

I'm very jealous... There is a small drugstore in downtown cumming (the town I'm from) and I am going to try and visit soon to see what they have, if they carry shave stuff...

Top Bottom