SOTD:
Razor: Henson AL13+++
Blade: New Lord Platinum (4)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Cream: Gillette Pure
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Aftershave: Gillette Cool Wave
066_01_19 conv.jpeg

My Friday gratuitous shave with my Henson AL13+++ was my best shave of the week. The razor is surprisingly fun! Oh, great results as well. :001_smile

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Brush: EJ87-6 SYNST
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
057_01_21 conv.jpeg

Wow! This is straightaway a first-rate lineup. The Edwin Jagger 3one6 is my new favorite razor. It immediately went to the best razor in the universe status. It's very smooth, has a nice blade feel, and is efficient. The razor is simply fantastic.

The EJ87-6 SYNST brush has good backbone and splay. It doesn't get lather all over like many synthetic brushes. It's in the Evo range of synthetic brushes. This means the fiber is top-notch. It has more scrub than the Evo. It is firmer, with the Evo's ability for water retention and release of lather. The EJ hits on all the Evo's good points and is different enough to be interesting. It's in the best brush in the universe realm as well.

The scent of Wickham 1912 Cashmere was sweet and refreshing, and Old Spice Original was a classic aftershave to end the shave.

Cheers!
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This begs for additional details compared to the TiBird Rave, although I totally get it. I might have similar feelings for my Mühle Rocca.

Enjoy!

Guido
Guido, I'm prone to exaggeration if I really like an item. While I'm using such an item it is my favorite thing in the universe. I liked the Henson razor. It may be better for my skin than any other DE. I'm not sure, but it is pretty impressive. At no point did it arise to best in the universe status. That's because there were other factors like it's too easy to shave with. I'm enjoying the shave and results of the EJ 3one6. Is it as good as my Blackbird? No, the Blackbird is better. It is, however, the best razor in the universe while I'm using it. I hope this helps clarify any additional details. :tongue_sm

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
046_01_21 conv.jpeg

I've been remiss in posting my shaves. I've shaved every day this week and am up to shave four. I had a week of splendid shaves, with a magnificent kit! :wink2:

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5)
049_01_21 conv.jpeg

I did my Friday gratuitous after-work shave. My Edwin Jagger 3one6 is mild and efficient. My shave feels great. This is an excellent razor, and it looks cool too. My Edwin Jagger synthetic brush does the same thing my EJ Super does. The loft is high compared to the perimeter. I like the aspect of my brush. It does well splaying and it is superb at painting. It's the best of both worlds. My Evo is shaped like a bulb. The height and circumference are relatively close in size by comparison. It splays brilliantly, but the EJ takes the edge as far as painting. My Evo is still king as far as feel, but they are both great brushes. This puts my Simpson Trafalgar T3 down to #4.

My favorite brushes are my:
1. Evo 2.0
2. EJ87-6 SYNST
3. Evo Ovale
4. Simpson Trafalgar T3

It's my wife's birthday today. This is a picture of the South American Tropical Bromeliad I got her for a birthday gift.
001_01_1_19 conv.jpeg

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: Van Der Lovett Dutch Blue
Brush: Omega Evo 2.0
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
050_01_23 conv.jpeg

Today, I shaved with what could be the best kit in existence. I'm still devoted to my British kit, yet I found myself missing my Blackbird Ti SB. Each one of my razors is exceptional, but the Blackbird is truly outstanding.

This means I had a decent shave this morning. I've not abandoned my British set. All my razors are quite average. However, my Blackbird stands out as quite good.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (6)
054_01_21 conv.jpeg

Today, I returned to using my British shaving kit. The experience was delightful and refreshing. The durability of the Wilkinson blade is impressive; it might just last indefinitely. The shave was exceptionally smooth and felt wonderful. It was nearly as close as the shave I achieved with my Blackbird, making it difficult to discern any difference.

Cheers
Rave

Top Bottom