What's new

My Golden Nib knot arrived today

I ordered a 23mm nylon knot from The Golden Nib's ebay store (run by turk37) friday morning. I was shocked to see an email in my inbox less than 2 hours later proclaiming the item was on its way. It arrived today. Talk about fast shipping.
The first thing I did after unwrapping it was run it across my face. My sister gave me a funny look as I walked around brushing my neck (I'm sure all here understand). I sat there quite torn for while, pondering if I should shave. No-Shave November is a bit of a tradition around here, and I was sporting some passably lumberjackesque (its a word now) whiskers. But the soft synthetic bristles called to me...
So naturally I had to give it a shot. So far my only other brush has been a Omega Syntex, which I no longer have. Even sans handle, this brush blows that out of the water and then some. It is at the same time softer and stiffer, holds water 100x better and makes lather faster and in greater volume than I know what to do with. It feels so nice that I lathered all 5 passes on my face. To think I paid $15 for the omega, when this cost me $13 and change shipped, with only a handle and some handiwork needed...
and I get to pick any handle I want!
The brush shed 8 hairs as I played with it and none during the shave. And it was 90% dry in 10 minute. Seems to me one of these would make a great travel brush, or cheap brush for the DIY newbie. I must say I'm most pleased with it. Will post pics as soon as I have it set in a nice handle
~Zac

Lathering without a handle, impressive. What handles are you looking at using? Post pics when you're finished.

Lathering without a handle, impressive. What handles are you looking at using? Post pics when you're finished.

Yeah, it was pretty hard to hold onto when covered with lather.

Not any specific handle, just whatever looks right to me. I'm liking the look of the longer handles though, and watching a few worn out brushes on ebay. Also been looking at all kinds of everyday objects in a new way. the $20 Challenge thread has got me thinking on alternative handles

Top Bottom