What's new

Muhle R89 (old style)...

I emailed the shaving shack in regards to their classic razor that resembles the old R89...and Dan responded with:

We've had a number of enquiries recently...although I could swear blind that they are Muhle, my suppliers have told me they are not any particular brand...

One of his customers has remarked that, in hhis opinion, it is some hybrid Muhle.

Can someone please let me know if they are indeed the old style Muhle R89, a hybrid type or do I need to buy an actual R89 used?

Thank you kindly in advance and thank you Dan for the quick reply to my question. Happy New Year all!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Can you post the link or pictures?

The only one that I found is the New R89 model but then, I might be on the wrong website...

Down under, I bought mine under the name of 'Muhle Pinsel'. I can still buy them at the Shaver shop but they go under the name 'Premax'. I had a look at the razor and it's the exact same razor than Muhle except the label on the box.

Can you post the link or pictures?

The only one that I found is the New R89 model but then, I might be on the wrong website...

Down under, I bought mine under the name of 'Muhle Pinsel'. I can still buy them at the Shaver shop but they go under the name 'Premax'. I had a look at the razor and it's the exact same razor than Muhle except the label on the box.

I just went to their site and it looks like they are out of stock on the chrome...the gold plated is the only one listed...

http://www.shaving-shack.com/shaving-shack-classic-double-edged-comb-razor-gold_plate.html

The old Mühle R-41/89 were actually Fatip (Italy) razors. As far as I know they were only made in a nickel and a chrome finish.

They are still available through Italian vendors but I don't know if they are still being made. Here is just one in chrome. Their open comb heads were also on the French (and expensive) Joris OC-razors.

The razors of the shaving shack do look a lot like the Fatip razors so there might be a connection.

Top Bottom