What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hash browns very well might be on the menu this weekend!
This may help.
IMG_2671[1].JPG
IMG_2672[1].JPG

Found this guy on Craigslist this weekend, Blackstone 36 griddle! I can't wait to use it, most likely the first cook will be Friday doing lamb smash burgers.

View attachment 761202
I have had one for a few years, I use washers on the corners to make sure it is sloped so the grease drains forward and to the trap. Also I use tin foil to make a slide for the grease to drain down

s-l1600-29.jpg

Just pick up a Foley Food Mill off ebay for ~$10 including shipping. Looks to be from the 30's in nearly perfect condition. My parents got one in 1953 as a wedding gift; they past it on to me ~10 years ago. I gave it to my son almost two years ago when I went to Africa. I needed a new one so I got this one, probably out last me. I use it mainly to make apple sauce. It has the pin on the paddle to scrap the side walls. Very happy to get one this nice and this old!:001_cool:

Agreed, I didn't think they existed any more, but for that price tag, I'm good with my lodge.

To be fair, they mill the bottom like the original Grizwalds; and to purchase a #12 Grizwald, your looking at the same price. I always said to my sons; buy the best you can afford, hopefully it would be the last you'd need in your life. All that said I keep an eye on flea markets and antique shops; I'm very thrifty; as you can see from my purchase. I really like antique or vintage.

Just got a new All Clad 6qt saute pan. I used to have an LTD in this size and the bottom warped, so I gave it away. I have loved the 4qt and use it all the time. Been wanting the big one back for a while.
0228171012.jpg

So many pages that it may have been covered it but I'll ask anyway. Anyone have one of the Red Copper pans, you know as advertised on TV? Also Gotham Steel which appears to be the same but green instead of red. Do they function as advertised?
We gave up on non stick cookware eons ago due to the coating not being very durable. We went to AllClad Stainless which is very nice but sometimes requires soaking. Wife has carpal tunnel so the cast iron seldom sees use any more.
Just wondering that's all.

Top Bottom