What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

I got an Anova Bluetooth Cooker on Black Friday. I was waiting for them to drop below $99. Though now there is a cheaper one from another maker on on Amazon priced at $70. My guess is by the end of next year there will be Hamilton Beach versions selling Sous Vide for $29.99 at Walmart. Still have not done my first cook. I will probably don one on Friday. made a big pot of Jambalaya I need to get through now though.

View attachment 710449
Have had mine since first released and love it.

Those are beautiful pans! :thumbup1:

I've never seen anyone store their cookware on the ceiling before. :blink: .... though I can see where putting the Christmas tree on the ceiling would help keep the cat out of it. :lol:

Yea, first time posting from my phone. Maybe next time I won't be too lazy to go get my computer lol.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yea, first time posting from my phone. Maybe next time I won't be too lazy to go get my computer lol.
Whether iPhone or Android, they all seem to have an issue with orientation. They will seem fine on the phone, yet post sideways or upside down. I edit the pic. Even if it is right side up, rotate a full circle if needed, then crop it just a little, then save.

Whether iPhone or Android, they all seem to have an issue with orientation. They will seem fine on the phone, yet post sideways or upside down. I edit the pic. Even if it is right side up, rotate a full circle if needed, then crop it just a little, then save.

Better? I honestly did not know I could do that.

$IMG_0940.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_0940.jpg
    $IMG_0940.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
My family spoils me (and I have a cookware AD). Below is the set of Lagostina SS lined copper that I received for Christmas, and on the left are the pieces of tin lined Baumalu that I picked up at TJ Maxxx. Now all I have to do is learn to cook to the quality of my tools!

Awesome pans! The learning to cook part is easier when you have the quality tools. That actually applies to any task at hand, actually.

Was wondering what the heck is happening to my pictures. Good advice, thanks.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That Dutch oven will make the most perfect pot roast ever. I know from experience. Pot roast cooked in anything else doesn't compare.

on edit: the more pot roasts you cook in it, the better they will get. I don't notice much taste difference in things cooked in cast iron pans, but I do notice it in pot roast.

Last edited:
That Dutch oven will make the most perfect pot roast ever. I know from experience. Pot roast cooked in anything else doesn't compare.

on edit: the more pot roasts you cook in it, the better they will get. I don't notice much taste difference in things cooked in cast iron pans, but I do notice it in pot roast.

I've usually done my pot roasts in the slow cooker, but that was also partially due to not having any oven for a bit over two years in my old residence to use. My next chuck roast will definitely be in that cast iron though. Thanks for the suggestion, I've been pondering what to make first in that baby. lol

I picked up this bread maker a Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake
For $20 off Facebook Market. it's the replacement model of one we had 18 years ago when we were really poor and the local supermarkets didn't have cheap bread. To make our own was the only way we could afford fresh bread.

This one is about 5 years old and has hardly been used.

proxy.php

I picked up this bread maker a Sunbeam Quantum Smartbake
For $20 off Facebook Market. it's the replacement model of one we had 18 years ago when we were really poor and the local supermarkets didn't have cheap bread. To make our own was the only way we could afford fresh bread.

This one is about 5 years old and has hardly been used.

proxy.php

I had always wanted a bread maker, especially the years I was lacking an oven. Sadly, those years I was also lacking any counter space to use for a bread maker. Nice grab!

I had always wanted a bread maker, especially the years I was lacking an oven. Sadly, those years I was also lacking any counter space to use for a bread maker. Nice grab!

Yeah it's not to bad the loaves are a tad light even on the darkest setting but I will fix that with some experimentation.... the consistency of the loaf is really good apart from the top being to pale.

Jamie Olivers Pizza Base recipe should work well in this.

Yeah it's not to bad the loaves are a tad light even on the darkest setting but I will fix that with some experimentation.... the consistency of the loaf is really good apart from the top being to pale.

Jamie Olivers Pizza Base recipe should work well in this.

Even in a standard oven bake, breads will be pale if you skip the final eggwash before baking step. Pretty impossible to do that step in a bread machine, though.

Even in a standard oven bake, breads will be pale if you skip the final eggwash before baking step. Pretty impossible to do that step in a bread machine, though.

Thy was on my list of experiments... my mum I law use to do that when she bakes her own bread by hand.

Found this guy on Craigslist this weekend, Blackstone 36 griddle! I can't wait to use it, most likely the first cook will be Friday doing lamb smash burgers.

upload_2017-2-13_9-43-11.jpeg

Top Bottom