What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
A unique way to get to a nice combination I guess. Beef with a dried fruit and nut stuffing is a nice thing. I can think of a few other things along these lines. Gravy on pie may well be an economical shortcut. :001_smile

A unique way to get to a nice combination I guess. Beef with a dried fruit and nut stuffing is a nice thing. I can think of a few other things along these lines. Gravy on pie may well be an economical shortcut. :001_smile

Yeah, lots think it really odd for a mix, not remembering that meat and fruit are often a combination in lots of different dishes from all over the world. :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For my entire grilled cheese making life, I have applied spreadable margarine to the bread before placing the sandwich in the pan. I had no such margarine yesterday, just cold butter. So, instead of spreading it on the bread, I dropped a couple pats of butter in the pan and just put the bread on top of the melted butter. Perfect. Why did I never think of this before?

PS- Butter gives them an awesome flavor.

For my entire grilled cheese making life, I have applied spreadable margarine to the bread before placing the sandwich in the pan. I had no such margarine yesterday, just cold butter. So, instead of spreading it on the bread, I dropped a couple pats of butter in the pan and just put the bread on top of the melted butter. Perfect. Why did I never think of this before?

PS- Butter gives them an awesome flavor.

Butter does give a much better taste to grilled.. well.. anything! :lol:

I've been doing my grilled sandwiches that way for years. Started for me when working my first restaurant diner. They kept a metal pan of butter next to the grill with a brush. The residual heat kept it mostly melted, and would just brush the grill then drop the slices right onto it, add the toppings to each half, assemble once both halves were grilled. It also cuts the prep time and grill time by about half, which is an added bonus.

Triple cream brie, slices of leftover rotisseried pork loin, grainy mustard and hot pickled peppers make for a good grilled cheese.

dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Triple cream brie, slices of leftover rotisseried pork loin, grainy mustard and hot pickled peppers make for a good grilled cheese.

dave

Yep yep yep. I love cheese and mustard. Slices of smoked brisket, tomatoes, sprouted clover.

Oh . . . on 12 grain bread. My tastes have definitely changed over the years. These days the only use I have for a slice from a white bread loaf is to plug a pipe I'm soldering.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yep yep yep. I love cheese and mustard. Slices of smoked brisket, tomatoes, sprouted clover.

Oh . . . on 12 grain bread. My tastes have definitely changed over the years. These days the only use I have for a slice from a white bread loaf is to plug a pipe I'm soldering.

Sliced smoked brisket with spouted clover? I've got to see that.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sliced smoked brisket with spouted clover? I've got to see that.

Fresh sprouts are amazingly tasty. Not just for vegetarians. I've posted pics of grilled cheese with sliced chicken and sprouts I think. In that case I think it was a mix of alfalfa, clover, radish and broccoli.

I am weird- I prefer raw onions to sautéed.

Grilled isn't the same to me as sauteed, though. I mean I cut a thick slice and actually grill it super hot and fast to get some nice browning on the outside only. Other than that, it's still raw most of the way through the slice. :)

Top Bottom