What's new

Loafers

Very nice, indeed. Ease and elegance. Expect nothing less from Tod’s. :thumbup1:
On the other end of the spectrum there is now a loaferesque Birkenstock slip-on that I got for informal summer wear :)

83F76BA9-3215-4E26-A6DB-D88B680086D4.jpeg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
With the latest addition of the horsebit loafer from Blackstock & Weber, I thought my loafer collection was incomplete without a pair of the traditional beefroll penny loafer.

As previously stated at the beginning of this thread, I had several pair of the Ski-Moc II beefroll penny from Johnston & Murphy in my collection (which I believe were discontinued).

They were a great quality shoe that eventually went the way of the the Great Shoe Purge of 2021 because at a Size 9.5E, and my shoe size changing over the course of many years, they just didn’t fit quite right anymore.

The Ski-Moc II by Johnston & Murphy
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg

So…

Amongst the billions and billions of Memorial Day sales I was bombarded with, I took advantage of the sale offered at Oakstreet Bootmakers (OSB) and ordered their Beefroll Penny in the natural chromexcel leather.
IMG_0021.jpeg

IMG_0024.jpeg

It has the traditional beefroll silhouette that I was looking for that sits atop a beautiful stacked heel
IMG_0023.jpeg
IMG_0022.jpeg

Once again, the sizing game comes into play as OSB emphasizes that the chromexcel leather will loosen up and stretch a bit so they suggest ordering one full size down from your Brannock measurement.

After going through that with Blackstock & Weber, which resulted in an exchange for a loafer that was a half size smaller rather than one full size, I ordered the Size 10 in the Beefroll penny.

According to OSB, these will ship in 8 weeks. Just in time for the Fall. 😀

Last edited:
Top Bottom