What's new

Let's see your Spyderco's!

IMG_2461.JPG
Since I was a little kid I've been into pocket knives and carried a pretty good variety from a few different makers but in the last couple of years have become a total Spyderco convert. I believe I bought my first one here on the BST.
They have a lot of features that make them the ideal carry knife for me; I love the ergonomics, emphasis on slim profile and light weight, and even the way they look which can be polarizing. Nice scale materials, good steel and the fact that most of them look like tools...not overly flashy. While they're not necessarily cheap they definitely deliver value IMO. You get a lot of knife for the money.

So let's see them, the more the better! Whaddya got?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
This Manix2 lightweight is what is what I carry most of the time, I picked it up on /r/knifeswap. I catch myself double checking to make sure it's still in my pocket because it's so light you don't even notice it's there.
proxy.php

This Manix2 lightweight is what is what I carry most of the time, I picked it up on /r/knifeswap. I catch myself double checking to make sure it's still in my pocket because it's so light you don't even notice it's there.
proxy.php
Awesome! I've got one that I picked up recently and sent to Colorado to get it verified as authentic. Picked it up on an internet trading forum (also r/knifeswap)
There were a couple things about it that made me wonder.
I should have it back with an answer pretty soon but let me ask you..does the part of the blade where it pivots and slides against the stop pin look really shiny on yours? Like shinier than the rest of the blade, almost chromed?
Mine looked pretty weird. The box didn't look right either.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The rounded part has a mirror finish on it, I can see myself. The flatter part that the lock slides into is not as shiny, but it may also be dirty.

The rounded part has a mirror finish on it, I can see myself. The flatter part that the lock slides into is not as shiny, but it may also be dirty.
Ah alright. I thought mine looked really odd but maybe that's just how it looks! Thanks, I'm really hoping it's the real deal.

The current inventory, of which my two favorites are the Caly3 and the Tasman
* Domino
* Caly3
* Tasman Salt - SE
* Native 5 Forum PE C41GPGR5
* Manix2 Lightweight
* Ladybug - PE
* Ladybug Salt - Hawkbill PE
* Ladybug Salt - Hawkbill SE
* Tuff

The current inventory, of which my two favorites are the Caly3 and the Tasman
* Domino
* Caly3
* Tasman Salt - SE
* Native 5 Forum PE C41GPGR5
* Manix2 Lightweight
* Ladybug - PE
* Ladybug Salt - Hawkbill PE
* Ladybug Salt - Hawkbill SE
* Tuff
Really like the look of the Caly3.

Had to look the Tuff up; haven't ever seen one. That's a very interesting design!

20170829_214252.jpg
My current Spydercos... having sold off or given away many others. These three are my favorites and are my keepers. All are working knives and are carried as well.

Sage 2 Ti Frame Lock S30V.

Manix 2 CF S90V.

PM2 S30V.

IMG_2462.JPG
Spyderco of the day.... Yojimbo 2. This one has some aftermarket g10 scales and a backspacer that glows in the dark! Because...sometimes you need that? Lol.
It's a favorite but due to its size doesn't get carried as often as it used to.

Para 3 is on MD for the usual $119.97, but they are including a bag that you can delete and get $15 knocked off the price. So, 104.97 for the knife. Seems like a good deal if you can wait a few weeks for delivery.

Para 3 is on MD for the usual $119.97, but they are including a bag that you can delete and get $15 knocked off the price. So, 104.97 for the knife. Seems like a good deal if you can wait a few weeks for delivery.
Yeah not bad at all. Did you order one?

Endura that I carried for many years. Yes, I know it's in desperate need of sharpening. This was gifted to me by a very dear friend. Has been replaced as an EDC by my Ti-lite.
Endura.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
On a semirelated note, just picked up the Spyderco Sharpmaker - a system that works, according to many - for a paltry $25 at wallyworld. Had been $58, and THAT was on sale.

AA

Top Bottom