What's new

Las Vegas Pipe Show!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not this year, unfortunately. I have a stepdaughter in Denver, so we are driving up in October. We will hit 3 or 4 National parks on the way. I’ve always wanted to see the Rockies.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Not this year, unfortunately. I have a stepdaughter in Denver, so we are driving up in October. We will hit 3 or 4 National parks on the way. I’ve always wanted to see the Rockies.

Have a plate of Rocky Mountain oysters while you are there man.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

If it’s on your route, try to get to Mesa Verde National Park. Absolutely extraordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If it’s on your route, try to get to Mesa Verde National Park. Absolutely extraordinary.

It is a bit out of the way for this trip (perhaps). I do have a question- how much hiking is involved? My wife can't do a whole lot of walking at one time.

Hirsute

It is a bit out of the way for this trip (perhaps). I do have a question- how much hiking is involved? My wife can't do a whole lot of walking at one time.

It varies and you can choose what you do. You can drive around the park and stop at pullouts and look across canyons at cliff dwellings, walk some ruins that are right along the road, and also go to several different interpretive centers, so that's very minimal hiking. You can also get tickets to tour different cliff dwellings, which is very cool, and they range from a little hiking to somewhat strenuous. We toured Cliff Palace, which is the largest dwelling, and the hiking was about a 10 minute hike downhill--there are some stairs and rocks to go over--then a rest at the bottom while the ranger talks about the ruins, and then a climb up a couple of ladders to get back to the parking lot. There's also Balcony House, which we didn't do, which requires some climbing ladders and a crawl through a 12-foot long narrow tunnel, which is quite a bit more strenuous. All of this is at about 8,000 feet elevation so the altitude can also make it more strenuous. But it would still be worth it even if you did the "no hiking" option.

The next shop is almost here - November 10-11, 2018. I'm in. Who else is going this year?

West Coast Pipe Show | Las Vegas – November 4th & 5th, 2017

If you're on the fence and considering it at all, book your hotel room now and you can always cancel later, but they go fast.

proxy.php
Afraid I'm out this year (and probably for the next two as well).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
It varies and you can choose what you do. You can drive around the park and stop at pullouts and look across canyons at cliff dwellings, walk some ruins that are right along the road, and also go to several different interpretive centers, so that's very minimal hiking. You can also get tickets to tour different cliff dwellings, which is very cool, and they range from a little hiking to somewhat strenuous. We toured Cliff Palace, which is the largest dwelling, and the hiking was about a 10 minute hike downhill--there are some stairs and rocks to go over--then a rest at the bottom while the ranger talks about the ruins, and then a climb up a couple of ladders to get back to the parking lot. There's also Balcony House, which we didn't do, which requires some climbing ladders and a crawl through a 12-foot long narrow tunnel, which is quite a bit more strenuous. All of this is at about 8,000 feet elevation so the altitude can also make it more strenuous. But it would still be worth it even if you did the "no hiking" option.
Thanks

If you head towards Estes and get hungry near Boulder grab a bite at The Sink then an espresso from the place across the street.

Hirsute

Less than 2 months away. Just booked my hotel and plane today. Anyone else coming this year???

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Once I had to go to LV for work, twice a year from maybe 1991 to 1997. I tried, but Vegas was just a money trap, the golf was overpriced, restaurants same, it was like they were set up that every patron was a drunk gambler .. which was me, save the gambler aspect. So, in short Owen, don't spend any gas at all to get to Las Vegas

Any of you guys heading to Vegas culling the herd to fund your expedition? If so, I may have a spot or two open on a pipe rack to help you out.

Top Bottom