What's new

Lambda Athena

I had and returned the Osprey. Although it is an adjustable and not a fair comparison, I can tell you I found the Athena much more comfortable than any level of the Osprey and just as efficient as the Osprey at its upper levels.
As someone with a lambda on the way you're making me very excited lol. The osprey works almost as well in some ways and better in other ways than my usual go-to slants so if the lambda is better than grail razor here we come...

As someone with a lambda on the way you're making me very excited lol. The osprey works almost as well in some ways and better in other ways than my usual go-to slants so if the lambda is better than grail razor here we come...
To me , the grail adjustable is the Rex Konsul. Again to me, it is head and shoulders better than the Osprey. YMMV.
Congrats on the Athena, an excellent choice you will enjoy for years to come.

To me , the grail adjustable is the Rex Konsul. Again to me, it is head and shoulders better than the Osprey. YMMV.
Congrats on the Athena, an excellent choice you will enjoy for years to come.
Ope. I found the konsul to be inferior to my superslants, my osprey, my blutt, etc. It was fine but not great. Weird how these things work

As usual, it’s ymmv. I owned an Athena and gifted it to my nephew (who loves it) because it just wasn’t quite efficient enough for me. I am currently using a Ti Osprey and am very happy with it. It’s as smooth as the Athena and more efficient for me. My nephew’s wife said the Athena “looks like jewelry” and I do miss that aspect. William Morris once said “Do not have anything in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful“ With some razors you can have both.
Jack

Seth, I consider the Blutt BR-1 1.20 and the Athena equals. It is difficult to compare two top razors. The designs couldn’t be more different. The Blutt is Industrial: the Athena artistic, if you will. I would hate to be forced to give one of them up.
Especially since it's increasingly seeming like pascal won't be make anymore. Can't get a reply from him, used to be very very responsive

I've ordered one of it at 4/21, it shipped 4/29 with post of Slovenia and arrived at the warehouse of my chosen package forwarding service in Germany at 5/3. It'll need another week for it to deliver to me at Taiwan.
Aaaaaand she has arrived!

A different color of presentation case, with engraved SS-316L on it. It's a tiny bit heavier than the standard nickel-aluminum-bronze alloy version (125 gram vs. 118 gram on my scale). I anticipate them will work very similar.

I'm now almost get used to the weight of the original bronze Athena, but every time I picked up BB Ti or TGS Styletto I started to dream of a lighter Athena. Hope I can eventually hold one in hand some day.

IMG_4164.jpg IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg IMG_4169.jpg

A different color of presentation case, with engraved SS-316L on it. It's a tiny bit heavier than the standard nickel-aluminum-bronze alloy version (125 gram vs. 118 gram on my scale). I anticipate them will work very similar.

I'm now almost get used to the weight of the original bronze Athena, but every time I picked up BB Ti or TGS Styletto I started to dream of a lighter Athena. Hope I can eventually hold one in hand some day.

View attachment 1844858 View attachment 1844859

View attachment 1844865 View attachment 1844866
Wow. She’s a beauty.

You are about to experience the best DE razor you can have. Enjoy and let us know your results.

Is this stainless?

I definitely prefer the Ares over the Athena…until I use my Athena again and then I see the Athena is actually better...until I use the Ares and it’s definitely better…. And so on. I’ve had them both for two years and I still can’t decide, even though they really aren’t the same.
Tonight I had an excellent three pass head shave with the Athena and I'm now quite sure I prefer it to the Ares 😂

1000018463.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I expected a better overlander. But to me its more or a black bird lol. Gonna try it on my face tonight. But typically if a razor can't comfortably do my face and head I don't hold onto it.
I don't shave my head so I have no comments there.... I don't find the Athena aggressive at all, but others have reported it's too much for them. That surprised me, truth be told. I couldn't find a way to get along with the Overlander, but this was early on, as I've mentioned. I'm sure I've learned a bit in spite of myself over this past 2 years...

For instance: I used the ATT Windsor SSRH the other day.... I hadn't used it for over a year and it was far too aggressive/efficient for me then... but I got a great shave with it on April 27th, 2024. I would put it on the efficiency level as the Rocnel Elite, SS or brass. I'm trying to remember if we have any razors in common so I can compare how they work for us.

Holy hell! To me this lambda athena feels really really aggressive. I had to switch to my osprey mid head shave. Definitely didn't expect this
I shave my head with a Schick Injector nowadays, but I do indeed remember the Athena to cause some (minor) red spots on the dome. Not really really aggressive as you mention - but also not fully mild either. It feels more comfortable to the face at least. I will admit that was way in the beginning of having the Athena - back when we were discussing the pointy corners of the 2023 edition. I might feel different about it today.

Similar in feel than a Blackbird not to me at least. My current dataset suggests the Blackbird is the more effective razor of the two, but the Athena feels more relaxed while getting almost a similar or same end result.

I hope your experience turns around for you as well as for the razor. And I totally get YMMV in these situations.

Cheers,

Guido.

Top Bottom