What's new

Lambda Athena Cap and Baseplate Pass Around

For those in the pass around, please make sure you have a handle that uses the m5 thread size. 10/32 or any other size threading won't work with the Athena head.

The head went out to @rsp1202 today and should be delivered Monday. @ewk should receive it somewhere around April 11 or 12. If we need to adjust the order due to scheduling conflicts just let me know.

Based on a few minutes of research it seems like Fatip uses m4.5 x 0.8mm thread size, so that wouldn't work either.
I didn't find the answer in my searches. Too bad I don't have a handle that fits, but then again it may be a sign to stick with what I have. Thanks for responding. It is great of you to start this pass around. Y'all enjoy the experiences.

I have the 6s and just screwed the handle onto my Athena and it fit fine.
Thanks for the info. I can't find what thread the 6c is, But I do know the others are Imperial measurements. The 6C can likely screw in, but Imperial to Metric is slightly off. Being this is a pass-around and not my personal razor I would be very hesitant to even try to screw it in. Again I appreciate your input and if it was my razor I would try, seeing as it is not I will pass. The last thing I want to do is be hammer-fisted and mess up someone else's razor. I'm good with that as I don't want to spend that much on a razor anyway. Thanks again and take care.

I have the 6s and just screwed the handle onto my Athena and it fit fine.

It was another forum discussing the 6s where it was indicated that the 6s and 6c use 10-32 thread size. My understanding is that a 10-32 head will work with an m5 handle with no problem, but that the reverse isn't true.

Meaning, while it might be ok for a while, over time using an m5 head with a 10-32 handle will result in damage to the m5 threads, particularly at the point when the razor head and handle are tightened together.

I'm far from an expert on this, but that is my understanding after doing some research. Given that the bronze Athena head will be softer than a steel handle, I'm respectfully requesting that only m5 handles are used during the pass around.

It was another forum discussing the 6s where it was indicated that the 6s and 6c use 10-32 thread size. My understanding is that a 10-32 head will work with an m5 handle with no problem, but that the reverse isn't true.

Meaning, while it might be ok for a while, over time using an m5 head with a 10-32 handle will result in damage to the m5 threads, particularly at the point when the razor head and handle are tightened together.

I'm far from an expert on this, but that is my understanding after doing some research. Given that the bronze Athena head will be softer than a steel handle, I'm respectfully requesting that only m5 handles are used during the pass around.
Well, I gave the 6s handle a try on my SS Overlander and it's not the same threading. It goes on ... but it's super wobbly. So I think the person that thought it was 10-32 was wrong. But I understand the worry. Perhaps the 6s might be slightly different ... but not in the realm of the 10-32.

Well, I gave the 6s handle a try on my SS Overlander and it's not the same threading. It goes on ... but it's super wobbly. So I think the person that thought it was 10-32 was wrong. But I understand the worry. Perhaps the 6s might be slightly different ... but not in the realm of the 10-32.

I checked Rockwell's website but didn't see the thread size listed anywhere. I sent them a message through their "contact us" page and hopefully they will get back to me soon.

The Athena razor head arrived, so thanks to USPS and Wgg2017 for the quick ship. Ran a quick fit-test with the RR HALO Ti handle and a nylon washer (just playing it safe), no problems. First impression out of the box: the Lambda is a jewel. Some pretty impressive engineering and finishing going on there. Looking forward to the first shave.

Top Bottom