What's new

L.A. Encore?

I live in LA, go to LBC a decent amount, we should set up something.

Then we should guilt BullGoose into letting us see his stuff :)

I know this hasn't move forward in a month, but I had emailed BullGoose about the possibility of a local pickup for an order, and I guess they're not quite there yet... so maybe that can happen in the near future, but otherwise I thought it might be cool to maybe find a spot to meet up to get straight razor shaves, and/or grab some dinner or drinks. I live in the valley (not the deep valley), but I know there's a bunch of restaurants that are wine-friendly (i.e. free corkage), so maybe there's a local spot to meet up, get a shave and have a beer, and then grab some dinner and drinks and shoot the breeze. I'd be happy to find a restaurant and provide some vino, any good reco's for a shop to meet up at first?

I know this hasn't move forward in a month, but I had emailed BullGoose about the possibility of a local pickup for an order, and I guess they're not quite there yet... so maybe that can happen in the near future, but otherwise I thought it might be cool to maybe find a spot to meet up to get straight razor shaves, and/or grab some dinner or drinks. I live in the valley (not the deep valley), but I know there's a bunch of restaurants that are wine-friendly (i.e. free corkage), so maybe there's a local spot to meet up, get a shave and have a beer, and then grab some dinner and drinks and shoot the breeze. I'd be happy to find a restaurant and provide some vino, any good reco's for a shop to meet up at first?

I have yet to find a place with a good shave.

Have you guys tried Art of Shaving?

I have yet to find a place with a good shave.

I've been reading some reviews via Yelp and different locales have variety of feedback. Most great and couple not so stellar. I'm curious myself but don't want to give up $80.

Been to car meets but never shaving meet perhaps a first would be in order.

Hey guys! If we ever do a meetup I'd be more than happy to show up! I live in Whittier but work in Rancho Palos Verdes so anything between that is good. LBC, Torrance, LA whatever

Have you guys tried Art of Shaving?

I've been reading some reviews via Yelp and different locales have variety of feedback. Most great and couple not so stellar. I'm curious myself but don't want to give up $80.

Been to car meets but never shaving meet perhaps a first would be in order.
AoS is definitely nice, but I don't think it's necessarily worth the money (more of a special occasion thing, and probably not good for a group).
There's a cool place in Santa Monica that was a great guy's spot, but they're not doing shaves anymore... I've been looking for a good local place for a shave, everywhere I go seems to leave me disappointed!

AoS is definitely nice, but I don't think it's necessarily worth the money (more of a special occasion thing, and probably not good for a group).
There's a cool place in Santa Monica that was a great guy's spot, but they're not doing shaves anymore... I've been looking for a good local place for a shave, everywhere I go seems to leave me disappointed!

I agree. It's hard find a shop nowadays and a Barber. Try NewLine Cuts in LA. I've seen those guys get it in. Whether it's Taper, Fade, Faux-Hawk, Gentleman's cut you name it.

This meetup seemed to be waiting for BullGoose, but I think his shop will take more time than was first anticipated. I know WCS is a drive from me, but I don't think it's over an hour with no traffic. Or we could just meet up somewhere else, if people want something shave related supposedly there's a store around me (Long Beach) that I still haven't visited that sells Pinaud wholesale :)

We should get a meetup going, I think if we scheduled somewhere within 20 min. of LA we would have a lot of members that would be able to show up....

Maybe if we get enough people a vendor could bring items out just for the chance to make some sales out of the tons of members we will have at the LA meetup? :)

Hey LA guys, I'm doing a rock show fundraiser for MOvember at PV Bowl in Torrance. Two bands doing original rock tunes and a third doing rock and Pop covers.

Here are the details:
ROCK THE MO!
Where: Palos Verdes Bowl
24600 Crenshaw Blvd, Torrance, California 90505
When: Tuesday, November 27

Bands:
So Social - Power Pop Rock
The Vapes - Alternative Radiohead inspired rock
DEL AMO - Pop and rock covers

Doors at 7:00 pm
First band goes on at 8:00 pm

Suggested Donation: $10

Hope you can make it!

Did you guys see this from West Coast Shaving?

Wanted to let our local customers know that on Saturday, December 1st we are going to do a fun little holiday open house. Feel free to come by and shop- John and I (Christine) will be there as well as our staff to help out with an advice and some free gift wrapping too! I'll have those Christmas cookies ready too! Time to be announced.

Did you guys see this from West Coast Shaving?

Wanted to let our local customers know that on Saturday, December 1st we are going to do a fun little holiday open house. Feel free to come by and shop- John and I (Christine) will be there as well as our staff to help out with an advice and some free gift wrapping too! I'll have those Christmas cookies ready too! Time to be announced.

Thanks for posting this, I'll definitely keep my eyes open :)

Did anyone make it to West Coast Shaving today? I managed to swing by just long enough to blow $100. Lots of soaps and creams for me so I am set for a while. It was fun to browse so many products. Everyone there was very nice and helpful. They even had free gifts for buying customers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom