What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Copper OC G CB with a Chinese blade, Suneco. This blade seemed to accentuate the feature of the G plate, lots of blade feel! Ruthless on the stubble and caution required for the skin.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Date03.03.2024
366 daily shaves
063/366

RazorBladeBrush
Karve Christopher Bradley OC-CGillette Silver Blue (3)Zenith 502B XSE
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (44)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Consistency
(details here)
Quality / My process
9.75/10 (Significantly Consistent)9.5/10
(Minor weepers)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10
(BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Splendid Sunday Shave with the brass CB. Smoothness from start to finish.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Date27.03.2024
366 daily shaves
087/366

RazorBladeBrush
Karve CB OC-CShark Chrome (3)Razorock Beehive
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (68)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Razor Sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Butterysmooth)

Notes:

Summary. Had to be in the office early so needed an effective razor. My Karve never disappoints.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

March 28, 2024 Thursday shave

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C OC plate, brass
Blade: FlyDear (1)
Soap: Cella Bio
Brush: Omega 10049 Professional Boar
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

This was a two and a half pass shave. It was great until the blade caught a cut that had healed. It's not healed anymore...
It was a very close shave, not particularly smooth.
The Christopher Bradley with C plate is much more blade forward than the Overlander, which I normally use.
It was the first time using the Cella Bio. A few more shaves will be needed to evaluate it.

9/10 BBS, one point deducted for the minor cut.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 03_27_24.jpg

From Karve's social media:

Quick update

I’m sorry for the subpar customer service as of late

I am working on being more available and communicative

We’ve been running wide-open throttle here and, in addition to volume, we’ve had a few setbacks in the shop that we’ve had to deal with

Karve is very small. We take great pride in the razors we build, but anything out of the ordinary hits hard

The path forward includes bringing in help. Not just for the shop, but dedicated customer service so that everyone is in the loop. I haven’t found the right people yet, but I am looking

I want to stress that quality is not affected. The razors we are producing are just as good as ever

I appreciate every one of you and the trust you put in us

And yes, full disclosure, I’m headed to Michigan for the Maggards Meet Up. Manufacturing will continue while I’m away, but anodizing and shipping will pause until next week

Karve.jpeg

From Karve's social media:

Quick update

I’m sorry for the subpar customer service as of late

I am working on being more available and communicative

We’ve been running wide-open throttle here and, in addition to volume, we’ve had a few setbacks in the shop that we’ve had to deal with

Karve is very small. We take great pride in the razors we build, but anything out of the ordinary hits hard

The path forward includes bringing in help. Not just for the shop, but dedicated customer service so that everyone is in the loop. I haven’t found the right people yet, but I am looking

I want to stress that quality is not affected. The razors we are producing are just as good as ever

I appreciate every one of you and the trust you put in us

And yes, full disclosure, I’m headed to Michigan for the Maggards Meet Up. Manufacturing will continue while I’m away, but anodizing and shipping will pause until next week

Thank you for the update. I'm glad he finally acknowledges the problem and is working to fix it, though my concern at the moment is that apparently another order of mine has fallen through the cracks. I've sent a final email and will do what I have to if there's no response. I've been clear that I like Karve products, so that it's come to this disturbs me no end.

full

Karve Overlander SS | Noxzema Original | Gillette Platinum | Stirling's Glacial Strawberry Lemonade AS

Went a different route today. The ol' Noxzema, that cools an occasional sunburn, and surprisingly makes a great shave cream. It's very very slick ... though doesn't rinse easily. Yet the Overlander makes rinsing easier, with its wide lather channels. And, as usual, the Overlander delivered ... an uneventful three-pass shave. No drama, just a smooth face that doesn't feel like it's been shaved. Just the usual magnificent shave it seems to always deliver.

Makes sense that production is backed up, customer service is obismal as usual, and he's taking time off to go to Maggard's instead of making sure his customers are taken care of!! :out:
That's not really fair. The industry I work in also has these customer events. I think in the world of wet shaving Maggard's swings a very big stick. Often an invite to one of these carries an underlying message, "We are a big customer. You need to be here or we will be disappointed in you. Very disappointed". I have done the Western Canada to small town Michigan trip. It's a PITA. I am sure this wasn't done for fun.

That's not really fair. The industry I work in also has these customer events. I think in the world of wet shaving Maggard's swings a very big stick. Often an invite to one of these carries an underlying message, "We are a big customer. You need to be here or we will be disappointed in you. Very disappointed". I have done the Western Canada to small town Michigan trip. It's a PITA. I am sure this wasn't done for fun.
Not fair? He's got customers that have been waiting 6-8 wks for product, he's not responding to emails and phone calls for those customers, and he somehow thinks it doesn't matter that they wait longer!! Maybe I'm wrong though? :mad2:

It's been a Karve kind of week. CB in SS with a G-Tech handle an OC AA for the daily face shave, Bison AL Glacier for the head shaves and a face shave. Various blades & brushes. Noble Otter Orbit for today's face & head duties.View attachment 1836292
Both of those are beautiful! I love the G-Tech handle. I just had a love at the Karve site, I sure wish the G-Orb was around when I got either of my Karves. I haven't seen one here.

Top Bottom