What's new

Kamisori steels and various values

Awesome. Yes I’ve seen this. I like this guys stuff a lot. I’ve gotten one good edge and it worked well on my neck amd
Not so well on my face. It left a bunch of cuts there was skipping. I realized I was using too much pressure shaving and my angle wasn’t great. However I was impressed with how well it did above the lips. Above the lips it gave the closest shave I’ve ever had. Now I think it’s because my technique was better above the lips and it’s also because the angle is virtually perfect with kamisori by chance. Anyway I’ll have to watch this again. I got a 12k nagura and I’m still waiting on my gouken naniwa 12k. Thanks for your help I’ll keep you posted. Thanks bro!

Hey! I bought a shapton M15 12000 grit for like 30$ is that stone any good? I figured hey it’s $30 frigging bucks let me try.

Post of the day! Kamisori honing is more jazz solo than classical concerto. As far as ratios, it’s not as simple as choosing a ratio and getting at it. I tend to, and have observed old-school Japanese cats start with higher ratios and end up at something like 3:1 to finish or simply abandon ratios altogether after tenyjou. Honing by numbers on Kamisori doesn’t work in most cases and when it does the results are rather limited.

Top Bottom