What's new

June 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

Staff member
Found in the wild this week.

A fairly tidy Bengall, and a rare one. A Personna Precision Micromatic. It is an adjustable DE from the 40's. Never seen one with the cardboard outer box, ect.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

found this in my junk shop diving.it's an E2 and looks brand new;

Attachments

• $IMG_1179.jpg
    $IMG_1179.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 217
  • $IMG_1180.jpg
    $IMG_1180.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 217
  • $IMG_1184.jpg
    $IMG_1184.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 216

A fairly tidy Bengall, and a rare one. A Personna Precision Micromatic. It is an adjustable DE from the 40's. Never seen one with the cardboard outer box, ect.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Woooo David, that is some rare DE, and the condition is amazing! congratulations

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

proxy.php

Nice ...

... may I ask ... the box calls it a "Micrometric Safety Razor", but the pamphlet calls it a "Micromatic Safety Razor" ... ?? What gives with the name change?

:001_huh:

Found me 7 razors this month in the wild. A true HD 500 rocket, red tip, couple slims, cased Fatboy, two black beauties. I think a couple more. That's it.

Found this box of vintage Personna DE Blades. Can anyone estimate their age? Box contains 5 individual boxes and each small box contains a blade holder made of red plastic and metal.
$personna2.jpg$personna 4.jpg$personna3.jpg

It almost looks like its' from the 50's , but could be the 60's. I'm not really sure!

Shored up my newbie kit with some basics; badger brush, a couple of soaps, razor sampler pack. What really did it for me was my new (and first) SE...
$image.jpg
Damaskeene, from the info on another thread it seems to date ca. 1915 - 1919. Great shaver! A CVS blade and Proraso Green got me to DFS+ and a fun shave even with my newbie skills.

I just received my first DE Razor! It was listed as a 1965 Gillette Tech ball end travel razor. I am so excited and cant wait til I get more. It says it is used but it still has the paper in it when I unscrew it. It was way smaller then I expected though.

Pics:

My Vie-Long 75th Anniversary, with Mondial shaving cream, from Gifts&Care

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A long time delayed project. Finally completed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Some vintage spanish shaving creams

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom