What's new

January 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.

PXL_20240119_195223041.jpg
I have enjoyed the simplicity and satisfaction using the same setup for a week. DFS+ today.
Tomorrow I'll choose a different combination for next week.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Shave ahead of time for tomorrow.

I helped burry my friend today. One of the toughest days of my life. I apologize for ranting but, I don’t think I’ve been this drunk in a long time. I’m just glad that I’m in my hotel room right now. Col (R) Ronald Ponder was a brother… the most patriotic man I ever had the pleasure of knowing. He absolutely loved his country, his family and his friends. We graduated OCS together, served in combat together, and shared so many joys and pains together. I will love him always. I don’t know how to post a song in here but, his favorite song is by Dobie Gray… “Drift Away”. As I lay my head down on this bed, this song will put me to sleep. May you drift away in peace my dear, friend. I love you Ronnie!

Peace to all!
So sorry to read this.
My sincere condolences to you.😔

Day 26, in

Thanks to all the kind words. I’m not one to wear his heart out on the internet. I think it was more booze talking last night than anything else. Seriously though, you folks are a fine group of people… I really appreciate you all. Moving on…

I really don’t like this Gillette Guard razor. It leaves some serious burn. I’m really looking forward to getting back home tomorrow so that I can get a more stress-free shave.

Make it a great day!

I’m not one to wear his heart out on the internet. I think it was more booze talking last night than anything else.
I believe it’s because of this ⬇️
Seriously though, you folks are a fine group of people

I think it’s fantastic you were able to be present to say a last farewell. And then celebrate his life afterwards with some ‘minor’ amounts of liquor 🍸.

Cheers,

Guido

In!

20240126_114254-01-01.jpeg

● Semogue Galahad IT boar brush
● Fatip Grande OC
● Gillette Platinum (6)
● Mike's Natural Soap ~ Barbershop

Another run with Mike's shaving soap. Excellent stuff, performance-wise. Using boar brushes with this soap has dented the sample which @Guido75 generously has gifted to me.

I have put the sample into a large container. Though the ring of death is already shaping form now there are a couple more shaves remaining in the tub. 👍

Cheers,
Guido

The Leap GRUME thread is up.

Today's shave, 2 days of growth

January : 15
2024 GRUYERE : 15

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : GSB (1)
Pre Shave : Proraso Blue
Soap (SOTM) : Proraso White
Brush : Maggard SY 26
Aftershave: Osma Alum block , Pinaud Bay Rum, Dove+Men Care hydrating cream

Nothing bad to say about this shave, 2 and beyond days of growth always provide better shave than 1 day. That hydrating cream is cheap crap and behave like it.

Day 26, 83.9% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive Stick, made into a puck
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #2
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

Tried the Palmolive again, with a dash of glycerine, and got a creamy lather. Got a near-BBS face, and I settled for one pass on my neck.

I'm glad I bought a batch of Wizamets a couple of years ago, as I was reading they are hard to get now.

Top Bottom