What's new

Jalapeño Cheese Dip Recipe

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I just wanted to share with you a dip recipe I have been making for 25 years or more. It is simple to make and it is delicious with chips and I have seen people put it on burgers and hot dogs. I will attach a photo of the ingredients.

Cream cheese (name brand or generic)
1 can of sliced jalapeños.

Thats it for the ingredients

you need a blender

The cheese is easier to work with if you let it come to room temp.
Place the cheese in the blender and then pour in the liquid from the can of jalapeños. Just the liquid.
Blend.
Fill the jalapeño can with water and add until you get the dip to the consistency you want.
Now all you do is add slices of jalapeño until you get the heat level where you want it. Blend well so that those eating get a smooth dip and not chunks of jalapeño.
And that is it $image.jpg
$image.jpg

Last edited:
Going to a mates place for pulled pork and slaw dinner tomorrow night. I think I'll be whipping some of this up to take along. Sounds simple, yet brilliant.

martym

Going to a mates place for pulled pork and slaw dinner tomorrow night. I think I'll be whipping some of this up to take along. Sounds simple, yet brilliant.

I hope it turns out well and is a hit.
It is so simple.
People think it is something difficult to make and think you are pulling their leg when you explain how to make it.
Good Luck!
Hope I don't let you down
marty

PS
Pulled pork and slaw
Heaven

Sounds great with combining the sweetness of the cheese with the bite of the jalapenos. I gotta give this a try.

martym

I edited the 1st post and added a photo of the finished product

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I was somewhat inspired by your dip so I baked some large jalapenos, cut slits in each one, spooned out the seeds, stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped them in smoked bacon and cooked in a skillet. Next time, I will do all mentioned above but put in my blender or food processor for a dip. Bacon cream cheese jalapeno dip.

martym

Now that sounds great!

Check out the thin blue smoke thread.
Found out I was BBQ'ing again tonight for company.
Beef ribs, New York Strips, Asparagus, mushrooms, and loaded mashed potatoes.

Well it was a hit. I wasn't to sure on quantities so I ended up making way more than I needed. The remainder has been coming to work and getting slathered on Ryvita for a super tasty lunch.

Martym --great recipe! So simple, so good.

I took part of the batch, thinned it with more pepper juice, added a pinch of cumin and chipotle powder and used it as a sauce for some fish tacos. It makes an excellent sauce. Probably try it as salad dressing too!

martym

Martym --great recipe! So simple, so good.

I took part of the batch, thinned it with more pepper juice, added a pinch of cumin and chipotle powder and used it as a sauce for some fish tacos. It makes an excellent sauce. Probably try it as salad dressing too!

Glad you like it!
I did training in Blaine, Wa a few years ago and made this at a BBQ. The guys used it on their burgers and dogs. Very versatile.

And I love your neck of the woods.
My oldest spent 4 years in NH in boarding school (her choice) and I fell in love with the area. I had never experienced "seasons". Incredible!

Glad you like it!
I did training in Blaine, Wa a few years ago and made this at a BBQ. The guys used it on their burgers and dogs. Very versatile.

And I love your neck of the woods.
My oldest spent 4 years in NH in boarding school (her choice) and I fell in love with the area. I had never experienced "seasons". Incredible!

Wow. You must have quite a smart, focused and driven young lady in the family! St Pauls? Exeter?

Funny you should say that about NH -- I feel the same way about the southwest -- never been to Texas, but a couple of times in Vegas and Arizona. Even in the middle of summer (114° a couple of times) I loved it.

martym

She is a pretty sharp kid. Now at NYU

Actually, she chose The White Mountain School in Bethlehem, NH.
She decided on this school because it was much smaller than the others and she liked the outdoors parts of it.
She went to a Catholic school here with only 30+/- kids in her class and then high school had 20 or so kids in her class.

I am still trying to understand why she chose NYU instead of others where she was accepted. Oh well! As long as she goes to college. I think she just likes "swimming upstream" or "cutting against the grain".

You would love it here right now. The lows are in the mid to upper 80's.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ok Marty, I gave your dip a whirl. I used the San Marcos canned serranos instead. It turned out great and hot too. The wife threw in some chopped cilantro which gave it a citrus flavor. It was a tad bit salty but it turned out great. We put it over the top of our crab stuffed salmon.

martym

Dang!
That sounds delish!
I have never tried it with serranos.
I am not man enough

Top Bottom