What's new

Indulgence of the Night November 07

For dessert, I broke into my prize for winning a decidedly rigged 5000th member pool:

full

Needless to say, my squeal of delight when the prize arrived was slightly unbecoming, but the best kind of gains are the ill-gotten ones. :biggrin:

-Nick

Hope you enjoyed MY prize! :mad5:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick, that Bloody Mary looks fantastic & I'm a big North Coast fan as well. Looks like you had a nice time, maybe I should visit Mendocino sometime...

Hello gentlemen,
Just found this in the forum,what a great thread!
Here's what I relaxed with before dinner,kind of sad the Balvenie's gone,good thing they made more!

Tonight I'm continuing to work on draining my bottle of Glennfiddich 12 year as well as fanning the flames of my new interest in whiskey. I stopped by a liquor store this afternoon in the hopes of finding a bottle of the Evan Williams 1783, but unfortunately no luck.

Bob, what did you think of the RP Decade?

Cory,
I really enjoyed the RP Decade,I'm not very good at describing a cigar but,I like
very mild smooth cigars and this fits the bill.
I only bought one to try and this is definately on my smoke again list.
Bob

Tonight I'm continuing to work on draining my bottle of Glennfiddich 12 year as well as fanning the flames of my new interest in whiskey. I stopped by a liquor store this afternoon in the hopes of finding a bottle of the Evan Williams 1783, but unfortunately no luck.

Sounds like it's a good thing they're making more Glennfiddich also.:wink:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this bottle is a myth. I've yet to find it anywhere.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this bottle is a myth. I've yet to find it anywhere.

Yeah...I have seen pictures, so I know it exists. However no where around here have I come across it. I would make that one of the if you run into it pick it up kind of things. I wouldn't be leaving the store empty handed though. There are plenty of other Whiskies out there.

Belevedere on The rocks
Diamond Crown #2

If you have not tried one of these the #2 is the one much better then all the other sizes. If you are looking for a long easy smoke look no further. Not over following with flavors just nice smooth in creamy when the mood strikes you

Went to Mendocino for a very long weekend, with ridiculously spotty internet, so this is a consolidated IotN:

Firstly, an Indulgence of the Morning, a Sunday brunch at the Little River Inn in Mendocino, who makes, one of the top 3 bloody mary's I've ever had (and I consider myself a connoisseur):

full

My "this bud's for Jay" IotN at a great Mendocino brewery:

full

full

full

Look familiar Jay? :wink:

full

Lastly, back at home, IotN was Halibut and Shrimp cooked sous-vide, some brown rice pilaf, and some green peas.

For dessert, I broke into my prize for winning a decidedly rigged 5000th member pool:

full

Needless to say, my squeal of delight when the prize arrived was slightly unbecoming, but the best kind of gains are the ill-gotten ones. :biggrin:

-Nick

Awesome post!!
I used to go to Mendicino all the time when the Icelady and I lived in San Francisco. We would stay at Stanford Inn. I have tipped a few pints at the North Coast Brewing Company Taproom. Even an Irish Coffee or two... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to work and waiting for me was a box of Nicaraguan Puros... :biggrin:

I have mentioned in earlier posts that there are two BOTLs I work with that import Nicaraguan cigars as a side business. They are really tasty cigars with perfect draw so I had to get a box. If it werent so freakin' cold out tonight I would go out and have one. The smell is killing me.

proxy.php

A perfect break from studying for exams:

Pork Loin Roast
Roast potatos
Bok-choy
Anchor Liberty Ale

Sorry about the picture, I cannot wait to get my new camera for Xmas :biggrin:

Tried one of the Anejo #55 before I but the box away. I is very obvious why this is rated a 94

Washed it down with a little Dickels barrel select

Top Bottom