What's new

Indulgence of the Night November 07

Hmmm, that is nothing like my bottle a year ago, mine was very light rye and no cinnamon, just a touch of honey, very mild simple and straighforward. What you are describing sounds just like my bottle of OGD 114. Hmmm, still puzzled, my bottle was also close to $30 and I was really unhappy about that priced tag. I was just curious about your thoughts, thanks.

Hmm...based on your observations and price tag I can see your lack of enthusiasm. It definitely isn't as full bodied and rustic as the OGD 114, but a nice spicy Rye Bourbon for $20. If it were around the $30 mark, you might as well stick to OGD 114 and WTRB.

Didn't get a chance to post these, so here I go...

Friday night my Brother was in town so did a Talisker Tasting...

Talisker 10
Talisker 1992 13 yr old DE
Talisker 18
Talisker 175th Anniversary

Saturday night dinner at a friends...

Duckhorn Estate Grown Merlot
Pine Ridge Stags Leap Vineyard Cabernet
Balblair '97 Vintage

In a few minutes when my coffee is done brewing, I'm off to take advantage of the 40 degree weather. Coming along are two Joya del Jefe's (always bring at least two of these cause there's a good chance one will be plugged :wink:) and A Confederacy of Dunces, this month's book of the month.

In a few minutes when my coffee is done brewing, I'm off to take advantage of the 40 degree weather. Coming along are two Joya del Jefe's (always bring at least two of these cause there's a good chance one will be plugged :wink:) and A Confederacy of Dunces, this month's book of the month.

Just got back inside and checked weather.com. Apparently it's cooled off a bit...so picture if you can, some dumb schmuck (that would be me :wink:) sitting outside on a folding canvas chair on the bank of a small river, reading a book, drinking coffee, and smoking a cigar that cost him less than $0.50, in 35 degree weather that feels like 28 degress due to a slight wind.

Oh, the conditions I'm willing to subject myself to for an hour's worth of "me time." :biggrin:

Just got back inside and checked weather.com. Apparently it's cooled off a bit...so picture if you can, some dumb schmuck (that would be me :wink:) sitting outside on a folding canvas chair on the bank of a small river, reading a book, drinking coffee, and smoking a cigar that cost him less than $0.50, in 35 degree weather that feels like 28 degress due to a slight wind.

Oh, the conditions I'm willing to subject myself to for an hour's worth of "me time." :biggrin:

At least you got to take advantage of the warm weather! I sat out last night and it was like summer! I didn't need a hat, gloves, or 3 layers of everything!

At least you got to take advantage of the warm weather! I sat out last night and it was like summer! I didn't need a hat, gloves, or 3 layers of everything!

Haha, no kidding. Earlier in the afternoon it was gorgeous, but by the time I was done with all the days errands, the mercury had dropped a few degrees. Not enough for me to notice until I was out there, book and cigar in hand, getting hypothermia. :lol:

Jim do you mean size? If so double corona. This is working its way up my favorite non cuban smoke list very fast. They are addicting

Ahhhhhhhh, the # 49. Dude, that's a dig damn smoke for this time of the year!!!! (Unless you smoke in the house, of course.)

Ahhhhhhhh, the # 49. Dude, that's a dig damn smoke for this time of the year!!!! (Unless you smoke in the house, of course.)

Nice glo heater in my Garage Parlor. It is a good hour plus smoke and you still find yourself looking for the tweezers to finish every little bit. On a side not last night while lining up the perfect cut I was looking at the glo from the heater and then held the stick far enough away to toast it but not light talk about a perfect toast I need a pocket size of one of these like a high ntensity pocket car lighter :-o :) Also Jim I have seen the size numbers on line but at the B&M which is the only place I have bought them where do they list the size number?

snip....Also Jim I have seen the size numbers on line but at the B&M which is the only place I have bought them where do they list the size number?

You mean a list like this:

proxy.php

Matt & Don, anything you read there should be taken with a grain of salt. Normally, if something has 20 reviews, I'll toss the top 5, the bottom 5, and read the rest. If something has 5 reviews, I don't pay much attention to them at all.

If you're interested, there's a similar one for pipe tobacco.

Matt & Don, anything you read there should be taken with a grain of salt. Normally, if something has 20 reviews, I'll toss the top 5, the bottom 5, and read the rest. If something has 5 reviews, I don't pay much attention to them at all.

If you're interested, there's a similar one for pipe tobacco.

I skimmed through a few and came to a similar conclusion. A lot of the reviews were pretty harsh and lacking detail as to why. I almost got the feeling people would just bash a smoke out of spite. :out:

Went to Mendocino for a very long weekend, with ridiculously spotty internet, so this is a consolidated IotN:

Firstly, an Indulgence of the Morning, a Sunday brunch at the Little River Inn in Mendocino, who makes, one of the top 3 bloody mary's I've ever had (and I consider myself a connoisseur):

full

My "this bud's for Jay" IotN at a great Mendocino brewery:

full

full

full

Look familiar Jay? :wink:

full

Lastly, back at home, IotN was Halibut and Shrimp cooked sous-vide, some brown rice pilaf, and some green peas.

For dessert, I broke into my prize for winning a decidedly rigged 5000th member pool:

full

Needless to say, my squeal of delight when the prize arrived was slightly unbecoming, but the best kind of gains are the ill-gotten ones. :biggrin:

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom