What's new

I finally found it!

I got my haircut multiple times at the barbershop on the Quantico military base and after every cut the barber would wipe an aftershave on my head. I always meant to ask what it was but always forgot and eventually moved away. It has bugged me for so long because it was a great scent, very barbershopy. Well today at Walmart I picked up some Skin Bracer since I had never smelt it before and low and behold there was my scent. So simple but so good.

I thought for sure it was going to be Clubman. He must have had good taste, I'll take Skin Bracer over Clubman any day.

I had a barber at Fort Bragg that did the same sort of thing, but he was off post. I went back to ask what it was years later, and the son had taken over and couldn't figure out what the old AS was. Still searching...

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

My 1st A/S from the 50's.

Attachments

• 90A13CEC-536D-4B90-BE0B-C3A05B709CBB_zpsxnix1ffr.jpg
    90A13CEC-536D-4B90-BE0B-C3A05B709CBB_zpsxnix1ffr.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
Just started using after shaves more and getting various ones and have recently discovered Skin Bracer. Love this stuff. Glad you found it again.

Skin Bracer is a classic that doesn't get nearly enough love. It is one of my favorite scents out of my whole collection.

I had a somewhat similar experience. I was telling a friend about my aftershave obsession and he said his barber splashed a very cold aftershave on his head/neck after his haircut. Me, thinking that it could be Osage Rub, and hoping if it was they could order it for me, rushed to his barber to ask. When questioned, he pulled out a bottle of Barbasol Pacific Rush. Not what I was hoping for, but mystery solved.

Glad you found your mystery aftershave. Those woulda/coulda/shoulda things can really get to you.

Congrats on your discovery! Skin Bracer my day in, day out favorite. I love the scent, it has a good face feel, it is not too strong for work wear and it's affordable. How can you ask for more?

I absolutely love Skin Bracer. If I had to pick one AS for the rest of my days it would be SB. It's the one I reach for most often.

Fond memories of going to my dad's barber as a kid. After my neck shave he would douse my head in "green apple juice" and slap my neck with powder.
Figured out it was Jeris Osage around Thanksgiving last year and wifey got me a jug for Christmas. Funny how a scent can play time machine with your brain.

Top Bottom