What's new

How to safely store P.160 and Cella kilo bricks

Newbie question

Will Cella cut from a brick mold and work in a twist up shave stick container?

Thanks

Yes, you can easily cut Cella from the brick. And yes, it works great in a shave stick container. It is a rather soft soap, however, and in shave stick form does not need a lot of soap on your face. When I made my Cella shave stick I cut chunks of the soap and put it into the twist top container and firmly pressed it down. You could also use the container to cut into the soap "cookie cutter style." The method I used is similar to this ***t dealing with Arko. However, the same method works with Cella or any soft soap.

Also, take a look at the wiki.

Last edited:
Anyone who has a foodsaver vacuum sealing device should think of making 3 or 4 month aliquots and sealing them with foodsaver bags. I believe they will last indefinitely that way. Open up a bag with a 3 or 4 month supply when it suit you and you are good to go. Scent should last better/longer too.

This thread is definitely awesome, informative, and clearly you are the local expert on all Italian shaving questions. I tip my hat to you sir!

Thank-you Marco... I will make sure I head out to my local kitchen suppliers on my lunch break today and pick up a couple containers with hermetic lids...

So after almost 5 years my brick has dwindled a bit but the freshness is like the day I received it. Thanks again Marco for those tips

Whew Glad I stumbled on this thread. I finally ordered a tub to see if I would like it, after reading almost glowing reviews, I can only remember 2-3 negative reviews, and the fact it is Tallow based and Marzipan scented. So if all goes well, which I am expecting it to be, it is good to see that all i have to do is store a kilo away from sunlight in a cool dark place. No basement so closet or dresser drawer would have to do. Thanks a million times over Marco, for this and for my learning on how how to properly lather Italian soft soaps.

1. Cut a portion of soap from your kilo brick and mould it into a container with an hermetic lid. The hermetic lid is, in my opinion, very important: remember to close it after each use.

Hi Marco, thanks once again for this thorough guide.

In the interest of clarity, are you suggesting we put the lid back on our chosen containers after each shave, once the excess lather has been rinsed off? I ask because I'm used to letting soaps dry for a few hours before putting the lid back on. (These are hard soaps, admittedly.)

Hi Marco, thanks once again for this thorough guide.

In the interest of clarity, are you suggesting we put the lid back on our chosen containers after each shave, once the excess lather has been rinsed off? I ask because I'm used to letting soaps dry for a few hours before putting the lid back on. (These are hard soaps, admittedly.)

I let mine air dry for a few minutes while finishing up some of my other morning rituals then seal it up. Haven't noticed any scent dissipation.

I also leave the lid off my little red tub while shaving and cleaning up. Once I've finished, on with the lid and back onto the shelf. As for excess/left over lather I rub it onto my freshly shaved face before the cleaning of the sink, razor, brush and storing away of the soap and tools. A nice, cool water rinse and I'm good to go. I used to squeeze out the left over lather back into the tub, but why bother? It's soap...treat yourself to a good final face wash with that excess lather.

I jus ordered a brick of Cella today from TVBShaving along with Boellis Panama 1924 and several other items. The favorable exchange rate and B&B discount made it too hard to pass up.

Hermetic lid makes a container airtight. The red tub will work well/ I personally put my Cella in a tupperware container , Make sure yu keep it away from sunlight.

I got about a 2/3 brick piece awhile back. I split into 100-150 g. pieces, wrapped each in plastic wrap and then in a zip seal bag and I store in a plastic container under the sink with all my other soaps.

I think it may be reopened.

How do you store Cella in the bowl? After use you rinse it and let the container fully dry? Of course this question goes for all croaps that I have such as Razorock emperor, TFS,etc.

Ps: Marco the best solution for every shave problem. Master. King of kings. Well done.

I think it may be reopened.

How do you store Cella in the bowl? After use you rinse it and let the container fully dry? Of course this question goes for all croaps that I have such as Razorock emperor, TFS,etc.

Ps: Marco the best solution for every shave problem. Master. King of kings. Well done.

When I use croaps I always thoroughly rinse them, pat them dry and then put the lid on it. Hard soaps get the same treatment except I'll let them air dry for awhile before putting the lid on.

Top Bottom