What's new

How to safely store P.160 and Cella kilo bricks

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Like the Travelling Willbury song . . . cool dry place?

I did recently acquire a block of P.160 . . . it is indeed a lot of soap.

Mike

This was just the thread I needed as my kilo brick of Cella arrived from West Coast Shaving today. Scooped some out and put it into a container which can be sealed. The rest will be put into a zip-lock bag and stashed away to hopefully provide years of great shaves.

Hello All.

Fantastic advice! I am new to DE shaving, and am awaiting my first DE, Muhle R89 and a Kg of Cella. My question is, what do I do with the portion of Cella I cut off? So I put it in a air tight container, I understand, but is there a hermetic soap mug or other container you suggest? And I assume I would use said container for applying the soap to the brush. Forgive my ignorance.

Thank you!

have never stored Cella in a sealed mug,can sit for weeks on end under the sink,little hot water and it lathers as good as ever,is nothing more than soap.

1. Cut a portion of soap from your kilo brick and mould it into a container with an hermetic lid. The hermetic lid is, in my opinion, very important: remember to close it after each use.
As stated in first step, the portion you will be using should be stored in a container with a hermetic lid. If I refill my red cella tub, does this screw on tub have a hermetic lid?

Or at least the P160. Italian Barber is out. There is no more......

Glad I ordered a kilo when I did.
I started shaving too late and never got to fall in love with P160. If this is a good thing or a bad, i'm not sure. However, i have ordered a 1kilo Cella so this post comes in very helpful. Thanks Marco for letting us all know how to use, store, and properly fall in love with these Italian soaps.

Dear Marco and Friends: I am a brand newbie at this and have a dumb question. I have just gotten a Wedgwood mug (the kind with drainage holes under the soap and a spout to pour off the water that drips through), and I have just ordered some Cella Crema da Barba All'olio de Mandorla, which comes in a hard plastic travel container. Can I simply leave the 150 g. cake of soap sitting in the mug until it gets used up, or must I remove it after each use and store it in the travel container or something similarly airtight? TIA, and I apologize if this question has been repeatedly asked and answered.

Dear Marco and Friends: I am a brand newbie at this and have a dumb question. I have just gotten a Wedgwood mug (the kind with drainage holes under the soap and a spout to pour off the water that drips through), and I have just ordered some Cella Crema da Barba All'olio de Mandorla, which comes in a hard plastic travel container. Can I simply leave the 150 g. cake of soap sitting in the mug until it gets used up, or must I remove it after each use and store it in the travel container or something similarly airtight? TIA, and I apologize if this question has been repeatedly asked and answered.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? :001_rolle

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
If you're using it daily or semi-daily, it doesn't need to be covered as it is getting dampened on a regular basis. The airtight thing is mostly about protecting the part of the brick which is in your stockpile.

I have kept Cella in an old spice mug , using it 2 or 3 times a week and it fared very well..

If you're using it daily or semi-daily, it doesn't need to be covered as it is getting dampened on a regular basis. The airtight thing is mostly about protecting the part of the brick which is in your stockpile.

Top Bottom