What's new

How does your Kingdom look like?

Wonderful.

The Flusser books on top of the Armoire strike a chord. I have a couple of them as well. I suggest that the following items are related, in that an individual expressing an interest in one will possibly have an interest in another:

1. DE Classic Shaving
2. Classic dressing (custom or high end suits, shirts, ties, etc.)
3. Vintage jewelry (watches, cufflinks, signet rings)
4. Old Books
5. Studies-- library, home office, with some traditional elements as you show. My home office has an old manual typewriter on display (it works, but like most of us I us the PC for just about everything)
6. Single Malt Scotches
7. Good wine

I love your skeleton, though it would be considered quirky today I have a romantic notion that in an earlier era Gentlemen tried to be well balanced, with a knowledge of medicine, geography, history, mathematics, literature, etc.. It would be natural for someone in that era with an inquisitive nature to have maps, globes, and yes, skeletons. My basement has a map of the world, a map of the US, Gray's Anatomy, An OED, Gibbon's Decline and Fall, Chicago Manual of Style, the aforementioned typewriter, office supplies, a variety of artwork. My razors and my clothing are up in my bedroom not in my study. I don't favor hats though I think they look pretty cool on others. I have some vintage watches and cufflinks which somehow seem to go with the vintage razor obsession.

Thanks for sharing the space with us. When is the party? I will bring the macanudos and the Macallan. I promise not to use the skeleton as a ventriloquist dummy.

Vin

Top Bottom