What's new

How can I talk to a girl at the gym?

^^Right.

Basically, trying to talk to a girl at the gym is a recipe for disaster.

I'd say stake out a nearby coffee shop to see if she stops by there after hitting the gym, and strike upo a conversation there.

Or, just forget the whole thing and go home to catch up on back episodes of Game of Thrones.

I've never tried it but I have NEVER heard of a couple who got together at the gym. I've only heard of rejection because women don't want to be hit on at the gym. PERIOD. That is why I said don't do it, but if you do try and time it for when she is done and leaving.

I've never tried it but I have NEVER heard of a couple who got together at the gym. I've only heard of rejection because women don't want to be hit on at the gym. PERIOD. That is why I said don't do it, but if you do try and time it for when she is done and leaving.

I had a couple long term relationships and a few short term ones starting at the gym not to mention some great friendships that went outside of the gym. It's like any other place, you have to be aware of their receptivity to being approached and make sure you just don't push to hard. There are actually gyms that are known as meet markets but just like work, church, bars or anywhere else you just have to be aware of the rules of engagement, so to speak, and understand when you have a chance and when you don't; opening up by saying hi in a friendly manner never hurts in my experience. You'll known within 10 seconds if they are interested in talking to you or not.

I had a couple long term relationships and a few short term ones starting at the gym not to mention some great friendships that went outside of the gym. It's like any other place, you have to be aware of their receptivity to being approached and make sure you just don't push to hard. There are actually gyms that are known as meet markets but just like work, church, bars or anywhere else you just have to be aware of the rules of engagement, so to speak, and understand when you have a chance and when you don't; opening up by saying hi in a friendly manner never hurts in my experience. You'll known within 10 seconds if they are interested in talking to you or not.

Sure you can, it's just harder since most gyms aren't meet markets. There are some of course but we all know and hear about the venting from girls that are intimidated at being in the gym, not by the machines or macho men grunting but rather men that hit on them.

Sure you can, it's just harder since most gyms aren't meet markets. There are some of course but we all know and hear about the venting from girls that are intimidated at being in the gym, not by the machines or macho men grunting but rather men that hit on them.

I agree and I mentioned that in an earlier post, you have to have empathy for the fact the many women feel on guard already in gyms because they either get hit on or looked down on by some men. Of course, women get hit on everywhere and not just when they are sweating in shorts but it's not a forbidden zone and if you treat the with respect and mind your manners you can certainly pick up women in the gym just like anywhere else.

Just a note, almost all my female friends, including my current girlfriend, are gym rats like me and so I have a lot of insight on their thoughts and feelings and you would probably be surprised what they actually think. My gf has actually showed me some of the conversations they have had on a private chat group and it's very interesting.

Coincidentally, Ouch happens to have a new date for Saturday night.

Yeah, as Paul Harvey would say ... "And now, for the rest of the story."

I was going to ask ouch to be my new wingman, but there's enough competition out there as it is.

Try "Hi, I've been talking about you on the Internet...."

:lol::lol::lol:

I have had some great experiences in the gym with girls hitting on me when I was younger. At the time my wife and her sister were in there working out so naturally they both stood up and stared the girl down haha, it was hilarious. They were even doing the punching into their hand motion when only I could see them, I about died. I have never hit on a girl in the gym, that's what bars are for :thumbup:

Another solution is to gather some of her sweat off a machine she's just used,
take it to a DNA lab, and clone her.

Umm, HER sweat mixed with teh residual sweat of the other gym users?

Recipe for disaster!

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Well, then here's one for you-

I met my wife at the gym.

Really you can talk to anyone anywhere, let their body language and reactions guide you. I would say though try to speak to people in an organic, normal manor, if you go overthinking it and tense up you can come off looking like a freak and she will be wondering if you are going to murder her or just kidnap, there's not a lot of coming back when she mentally puts you in that box. If she's receptive to talking to you then great, but if not then the balls in her court so to speak. Just be a normal person.
try just sayings hi to her and many other people you see in everyday life, being a person capable of making conversation with strangers is a good skill to have.
I will say though maybe think of something that you acctually share in common or a mutual talking point because at this point, all she knows is that you have noticed her body at the gym.

Top Bottom