IMG_6810.jpg

April 17, 2024 Monday shave

Razor: Henson AL13+++ V2
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Soap: Black Ship Siren's Song (sample)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Timberwolf
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Fine Snake Bite

I used the Henson +++ again, this is a duplicate of Monday's shave. It's wonderfully efficient and easy to use. No weepers, etc. and no irritation.
The Black Ship soap worked out well. It was the first use of a sample that's been sitting for a year and a half.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 04_15_24.jpg

First ever use of a Crystal DE, sometimes referred to as a Personna Israeli. DFS + with no irritation. On Friday I will try these blades in the Henson ++.

111/366
Thursday April 18, 2024
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Brush: Simpson X3
Lather: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: Henson + (434)
Blade: Crystal Israeli (1)

IMG_6818.jpg

Today I had the first shave with a Feathers, after a long time. With Mild ATG. Feathers were among my preferred blades. Unfortunately now they are still giving me some irritation. Nothing major, but I can feel it. It can definitely be user error but so far, Astra SP, Polsilver and Wizamet are the ones that are threating me best. Several other brand still to re-try.

You cannot see all items he sells unless you go to a European eBay.
Shipping is very reasonable.

Delivery was super fast other than for the fact that Atlanta is a mess currently otherwise they would have been here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Here are the blades. I made a mistake when ordering. I ordered a quantity of two for a single pack of 250 instead of the two packs of 250, so I paid a little more. He added some blades.

Here they are.

IMG_1923.jpeg

IMG_1936.jpeg

IMG_1926.jpeg

Today I had the first shave with a Feathers, after a long time. With Mild ATG. Feathers were among my preferred blades. Unfortunately now they are still giving me some irritation. Nothing major, but I can feel it. It can definitely be user error but so far, Astra SP, Polsilver and Wizamet are the ones that are threating me best. Several other brand still to re-try.
I’ve gone right off Feathers. Guaranteed burn in a blade for me.
Plenty of other ones to try but I get that some people swear by them….blade choice is such a variable science…skin type, beard type, what razor they’re used in, what soap used….

Delivery was super fast other than for the fact that Atlanta is a mess currently otherwise they would have been here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Here are the blades. I made a mistake when ordering. I ordered a quantity of two for a single pack of 250 instead of the two packs of 250, so I paid a little more. He added some blades.

Here they are.

View attachment 1832264

View attachment 1832266

View attachment 1832269
At that price I’ll add another 500. Why not…

Reactions: Kix
Henson always pique my insterest. I was suppose to get this as my 1st razor when I switch to DE shaving more than a month ago. Went with Rockwell 6S because of the various plate of agressiveness I could choose from.

I am still intrigue to this date, the hype is killing me. Only way to find out is to get one AL13+ myself.

They offer me 100’s of RK blades but decided to grab wilkies instead. 30 bucks sounds a good deal to me. ( I think so?)

Can’t wait to shave with it.

IMG_8677.jpeg
IMG_8679.jpeg

Henson always pique my insterest. I was suppose to get this as my 1st razor when I switch to DE shaving more than a month ago. Went with Rockwell 6S because of the various plate of agressiveness I could choose from.

I am still intrigue to this date, the hype is killing me. Only way to find out is to get one AL13+ myself.

They offer me 100’s of RK blades but decided to grab wilkies instead. 30 bucks sounds a good deal to me. ( I think so?)

Can’t wait to shave with it.

View attachment 1832332View attachment 1832333
Oh you’re going to love it. I would be shocked if I’m wrong. Please let us know.

Top Bottom