What's new

Henson Razor Club.

Who are they - i googled could not find it ?
The blades area available at Paster Pharmacy, a well know online store in NYC.

That code gives a 10% discount at check out, and orders for $35+ allow free shipping.

The blades area available at Paster Pharmacy, a well know online store in NYC.

That code gives a 10% discount at check out, and orders for $35+ allow free shipping.

Oops my bad - did not realize that was the code not the website
I should read more slowly instead of my bad habit of skimming too fast

What an idiot - i must do better !!

1.jpeg

I do not mind replacing a blade as often as needed. However I am lazy. If a blade can allow me not to open the razor every day or every couple of days I am super happy. With Astra, shaving every day, I was replacing the blade every other shave. Then, when I start using two razors, aggressive for WTG and XTG and mild for ATG, I saw that I could comfortably change the blade on the aggressive every three shaves, tried a fourth shave a coupe of times with mediocre results.
Well, today I had my fourth shave with a Wizamet, with the mild ATG (still using the Astra with the aggressive) and it was practically as smooth as the previous three. Just a tad less, almost not noticeable and almost zero tagging and no irritation after the shave, but it make me think that I don't want to push it to five shaves. Beautiful blade. I will have to try the Polsilver again and see if they perform the same.

Last edited:
A quick check in. The Medium is my least used razor but lately I've been liking it so much that I'm putting the other two away for awhile.

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 04/22/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 882
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson + = 434
Henson ++ = 170
Henson +++ = 278

A quick check in. The Medium is my least used razor but lately I've been liking it so much that I'm putting the other two away for awhile.

Henson Razor First Use: October 14, 2021
"First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!"

Henson Usage (number of shaves) through 04/22/2024
Total shave with Henson Razors: 882
Detailed breakdown by aggression:

Henson + = 434
Henson ++ = 170
Henson +++ = 278
You’re tempting me. At some point I’m going to pick a medium up. I love the mild and aggressive, but the thought of replacing both of them with the medium is very appealing.

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of it. We’re all enablers here but honestly, for me it shaves closer than the mild with less buffing and no irritation.

Noooo, don't make me curious, always asking the same thing myself.

Surprise to find out that AL13+ was as mild as my Rockwell’s R2 plate.
I was comfortable shaving with R3 & R4 plates which now makes me wonder how’s the aggressiveness of AL13++.

But my end game was to get Ti22 if I enjoy shaving with Henson.
Don’t want to waste with something which I will regret not using.

Noooo, don't make me curious, always asking the same thing myself.

Surprise to find out that AL13+ was as mild as my Rockwell’s R2 plate.
I was comfortable shaving with R3 & R4 plates which now makes me wonder how’s the aggressiveness of AL13++.

But my end game was to get Ti22 if I enjoy shaving with Henson.
Don’t want to waste with something which I will regret not using.

In my case I like all three levels for different reasons. As a result, I prefer having all three AL's rather than one Ti.

This is bugging me but serious question to all other AL13 users here. How can you tell you have tighten your razor just to the point of its ideal torque?

I am always cautious when I tighten it. I know its snug fit and tight already. But I could also tell that an extra turn is possible if I push it any further. Never felt this way with stainless steel.

AL13 being aluminum is soft and could deform easily. I was scared that the thread will snap or squeeze the top cap and base plate if I over tighten it.

Blade Personna Comfort Coated (2) also felt different, it became sharper not smooth at all. I can feel the blade on my 1st stroke despite no pressure at all.

It felt aggressive not mild as my previous shave. Was it because I did not tighten the razor to the fullest or was it because the blade coating wore off?

Today was my 2nd shave and it was like a completely different razor and blade altogether. Lots of irritation but still a close shave.

IMG_8720.jpeg

This is bugging me but serious question to all other AL13 users here. How can you tell you have tighten your razor just to the point of its ideal torque?

I am always cautious when I tighten it. I know its snug fit and tight already. But I could also tell that an extra turn is possible if I push it any further. Never felt this way with stainless steel.
I think if it feels snug, you're good to go. No need for gorilla-tightness. If you look at it from the side, you should be able to see that the blade is clamped.

RE: Personna, maybe the blade wasn't seated properly? That could be why it felt snug but not quite tight, and the shave was harsh? I've never used a blade that worked for me in other razors that didn't perform well in the Henson.

Top Bottom