What's new

Head Shavers-How often do you shave your head?

If I'm using a DE I generally have to shave it everyday or else it starts to take me too long. I'm still merely a fledgling with head shaving though. I have old scars on the back of my head that are a pain to shave so I have to take it slow back there or I'm in for a blood bath.

I shave both my head and my face every day. But I've got to use different blades for each. I use Tomy (evidently Personna Reds) for my face and Derby blades on my head. Not sure why, but where the Derby fails on my facial hair, it more than makes up for when shaving my head. No other blade works as well.

My head can take so much abuse it's ridiculous. I have done 5 passes ATG in the name of science and not a hitch. However, my face and neck are a totally different animal. I've got stubble made of iron and horribly sensitive skin. It's been 9 months and I cannot avoid having some ingrowns on my neck. While it's worlds better than using carts, it still happens. I guess I've got to accept that I'll always have them, which is unfortunate.

-Jared

You're getting ingrown hairs on your neck, Jared, and you still shave daily? That must be tough!

My face/neck can't take more than 1 shave every 2-3 days, and I have to use a fresh blade for each face shave. My head however is like yours... 5 pass-shave twice per day with a blade with 6 shaves already on it would be no problem. Strange!

Regarding the OP question - I head shave daily. I hate stubble up top.

Face in the morning before work and head every evening for some 'me' time. To ensure that I am undisturbed during my head shave I have taken to announcing 'going to get my shave on!' and I am left in solitude.

Back in my M3 days it was 1 or 2 times a week. (those carts were pricey) It was the same for a while after I switched to DE and SE, but now that I know what I'm doing and can be done in 15 min, Its almost everyday.

I shave my head 5-6 days a week, unless it is around my wife's birthday. Then I give it a break for a week or two to make her happy. She loves my silver stubble.

Depends on how I'm feeling,normally every couple of days or so.

Has anyone used a 'Headblade'? I have in the past but it got lost on holiday & i never got round to replacing it.

Every other day with a Mach 111. I'm almost 60 and I don't have much hair left :laugh:. I use a DE on my face and can use it on my head, but for me the Mach 111 is so much easier especially around and behind my ears.

It has varied over the past couple of years, but I've settled into a 2-3 day window, usually with face shaves on non-head shave days. Getting my first laser treatments next week, so that could change soon...

Top Bottom