What's new

Hats

Nice hat Chris!

I really something more then a baseball type cap for protection from the summer sun, i need to step outside my comfort zone.

dave

Looks pretty authentic John . And might make a good winter noggin cover for chilly weather . Is it wool ?
Ummm... which one?
The ducal mortier is just two layers of cheap acrylic craft felt with white glue in between the layers.
The Wind River hat is 85% cotton, 15% polyester.
The Tilley Winter Hat is wool.
The Jeep cap is wool. I thought it was acrylic until I actually looked at the label. The tag says "CAP, KNIT, WATCH (100% WOOL)", with numbers like "DLA-835-2672-9201" and "Made in U.S.A." If you mean "authentic military", then maybe so.

I've never understood why people do this.

$100420d1346386100-what-about-person-lets-you-know-baseball-cap-fail-owned.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Nice hat Chris!

I really something more then a baseball type cap for protection from the summer sun, i need to step outside my comfort zone.

dave

I was the same until recently.

I've never understood why people do this.

View attachment 704790

Ha! Drove my dad nuts! That, and untucked shirts. He'd always make my nephews correct those things!

A few years ago our Managing Director saw a security guard wearing a hat like that. He said something like this. Who's that idiot on the gate, he can't even wear a hat properly................he was not the job the next day.

Don't fear there is a old solution that is elementary.

$956-side.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was the same until recently.

A few years ago our Managing Director saw a security guard wearing a hat like that. He said something like this. Who's that idiot on the gate, he can't even wear a hat properly................he was not the job the next day.

Don't fear there is a old solution that is elementary.

View attachment 704793

Love it. I am amazed at how fast good manners/good taste ( in my not so humble opinion ) have left society. I can remember a day- not that long ago- when piercings and tattoos and green hair bothered me. Now my brain just filters it all out. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing, actually.....

FarmerTan

Love it. I am amazed at how fast good manners/good taste ( in my not so humble opinion ) have left society. I can remember a day- not that long ago- when piercings and tattoos and green hair bothered me. Now my brain just filters it all out. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing, actually.....

Probably a bad thing that I am bothered by it. Means I'm getting old and stiff-necked and self-righteous. Judging the outward appearance, unlike our Creator, Who judges the heart....

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Probably a bad thing that I am bothered by it. Means I'm getting old and stiff-necked and self-righteous. Judging the outward appearance, unlike our Creator, Who judges the heart....

It does not bother me and I hope it never does. I just don't understand why people wear them backwards but if they are comfortable wearing it like that, do I really need to know why?
There are times that turning a peak cap around is needed e.g. using a camera.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Or when I'm trying to drink from the faucet at the kitchen sink!

Mate, I have not done that in years but yeah that's another good occasion.

I have twisted mine slightly sideways while driving, as the setting sun was coming in on the drivers side just below the sun visor.
I'm sure I looked like a fool but I was ok with that, I could see where I was driving.

Usually, I just wear a baseball cap of one of my favorite sports teams but I have been known to break out the oldschool driving cap from time to time.

FarmerTan

Forgot about sideways! Yes, my neighbor thought I was a bit off when I was using my log splitter wearing it that way. I just assumed everyone tried to shade their eyes rather than lop off a finger!

FarmerTan

Usually, I just wear a baseball cap of one of my favorite sports teams but I have been known to break out the oldschool driving cap from time to time.
Same here. I have a bunch of MSU Spartan hats in various states of conditions based on the jobs I'm doing.

Here's my contribution: Gooring good boy wool fedora$20170103_090452.jpg
And my newset acquisition a stetson whippet in tawny:
$20170103_085750.jpg

Attachments

• $20170103_103553.jpg
    $20170103_103553.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
attachment.php

Well, it certainly fits snugly. You don't have to worry about it coming off easily.

It's was a tad snug and stiff at first, but after wearing it everyday this week it has really softened up and now fits like a glove.

I wear a Tilley cadet cap religiously in the winter and generally go hatless during the other seasons. I don't look particularly good in hats.

I grew up in a baseball cap but, live in my Tilley's today. Sun protection is a must for me as I spent too much of my youth with too much sunshine exposure on my ears, nose, and back of my neck so, the classic 'farmer's skin cancer syndrome' is a concern.

Plus, the keeping the sunshine off my skin keeps me cooler and keeping the sunshine out of my eyes lets me see where I am going!

Nice hat Chris!

dave

Tilley's are really nice for the Spring and Summer sunshine days. The organic cotton model I have in dark green really gets the comments from a wide variety of people. It may not be trendy and stylish for the big city nightlife but, it sure works well for me.