What's new

Has Anyone Finished a Soap Before?

I went through a puck of Harris, not sure how long it took, but it was a while. I also rotated some others in at the time. Right now I'm trying to work through a kilo of cella, my best guess is it will be done by December of next year. It wears pretty good, but there is just so much of it. We'll see if I have the fortitude to complete the whole thing at one time...

I ate through two Palmolive sticks and a small tub of Proraso in the last year. My Valobra stick is nearly gone but I'll be buying a double for sure, and maybe the almond bar after Xmas to see what that's like! Valobra stick is incredibly and my favourite!

Not only did I use up dozens and scores of cans of shaving cream, I even wore out a Schick Krona DE razor completely and a million blades. That was before I ever heard of hard shaving soaps (other than Old Spice and Williams) and making lather with tubes of cream and a brush. Since that time, I finally used up my original 4 year old pucks of MWF and Tabac. It has been all downhill since about a year ago when I used up my original tubes of COBigelow and I Coloniali, and others we read about a lot. Over that last 6 months I've made my shift into the mode of not buying any new stuff, and have greatly enjoyed selling and giving away copious mountains of excessive consumption in the form of soaps and creams I was never going to get around to using up. Now I'm 33 shaves into a new tub of Straight Razor Designs Opus X soap, and have a plan that will see me using up my favorites one at a time until the day eventually arrives that I will no longer be interested in shaving.

I would have to disagree there.

That would take some serious work.

I headshave and it took me a full year to go through a puck of Tabac, MWF, and stick of Arko, occasionally rotating in other soaps or creams, but not often (went through 1 tub and 2 tubes of cream, and the tubes were used for Uberlather so the puck was involved).

Dunno, all I can say is I am a daily shaver, and use 1 soap at a time. Usually around ~2 months or so a puck.

I think your brush impacts it, I have been using a Chubby 2 this year which is a lather hog, though I recently switched to a Manchurian M7. Seems to be pretty lather hungry as well.

Before discovering B&B last year - I finished many many soaps & creams over the last 20 yrs. It was mostly creams - and I would say I averaged between 50-100ml cream/month during that time.

I hope to go back into a restricted stable mode in 2014. I have tried many and the top 1-2 are now quite stable in their ranks.

Last edited:
Yup just finished off a puck of poraso green soap. I ordered some soaps plan on using everyone of them till they are done one at a time!

Late last year I finished off my Tabac and Sir Irisch Moos shave sticks and a couple of Palmolive (Euro) sticks. Almost done with my current puck of MWF.

Finished off 2 pucks of Williams some years ago when I was still using disposables (only thing thing my local Walmart carried at the time). They were not and will not get replaced now that I know better. Have 6 soaps and creams in my rotation now, it will be awhile before I post anything to the graveyard thread

I finished a puck of AoS tallow-first lavender last September and a puck of Haslinger Schafmilch just last week. Last year I finished some creams too: AoS a tub of Sandalwood and a tube of Lavender, T&H a tub of 1805, Nancyboy tubs of Scented and Blossomwood.

Last edited:
Proraso Green tub, two Mike's bars, one puck of Cade. I love all of these, and really want more Cade. I have more of the others, of course....

I'm into some Pre de Provence right now that I will EVENTUALLY finish. It's really good stuff.

Well one of those Vintage mugs of Old Spice is tough. They come filled almost to the top with milled soap. By the time you wear a hole in it you will fell like celebrating and at the half moon stage you make sure no one is looking,cheat and chuck it out for the mug, which is why you bought the thing to begin with. lol

Last edited:
I finished one puck after another of Old Spice for about 20 years, and I still have a couple of new pucks stashed away. Now I have so many wonderful soaps that I love using, that I doubt that I'll ever finish another puck.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I went through a container of QCS Mysore Sandalwood while it was my only soap. Then after that I started buying again and my collection piled up. It's going to take me a while to finish what I have...

Top Bottom