What's new

Hang strop high or low set up?

Dumb question, which do you all think would be the most comfortable best height to hang my strop? Should I be hanging in low and pull it up on an angle or high and pull down or an angle? Lynn Abrams showed an angle instead of straight is some what my comfortable and easier to keep form for a beginner. I got hooks and I'm ready to go haha. Let me know your set up.. Thanks all.

I have heard it's best to hang slightly high so when you are stropping the handle end is lower, it's supposed to resuce your risk of nicking/cutting the strop.

i've recently been trying just that... holding strop at near armpit level with other end on door handle so quite a downward angle... actually quite comfortable and well stabilised for me so finding that quite effective... stropping technique has been more consistent and effective too.

Whatever suits you though to be comfortable and stabilised while stropping.

$image.jpgBeing in touch with my inner ear monkey...this is my preferred method.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
When I still straight shaved, I hung my strop at about waist level. That was most comfortable for me

Last edited:
And do you pull it completely straight or angle it up or down of so how much angle?

I'm not going to pull out a protractor :tongue_sm, but I hold it standing up with my arm down at my side, so it angles slightly upward towards the knob. Uphill strokes away from me, downhill strokes toward me.

Top Bottom