What's new

Hand Check and VOTD

Yes, from Volcano. The plastic end cap broke off. I could probably fix it with epoxy, but don't care to. The lavatube never worked as well as the provari. It has an unstable voltage and droops under load. To me it's just another cheap plastic device. More's the pity that there's just that one piece of plastic that saved them about 10 cents, but they clearly cut other corners, too. Cool enough in its time, but there's dozens of better cheap plastic devices now.

Actually... now that you bring it up, I (just this minute) put a dab of liquid nails on the end cap. If it holds onto the metal screw piece, it'll be functional again. Fortunately, the electronics still worked. Some folks had issues with theirs.

Hmmm, I have no plastic on mine. It is all metal. Not sure we're talking about the same device. Sorry you had issues with yours.

Just the end caps. The tube is metal. But you need the plastic end cap to unscrew the metal part of that cap. Maybe they fixed that in a version two. A lot of these devices get improved over time. I'm always careful to say that there are quality issues everywhere, and it's a personal choice to decide on the tradeoffs. Just another reason I'm not comfortable recommending anything.

Last edited:
Just the end caps. The tube is metal. But you need the plastic end cap to unscrew the metal part of that cap. Maybe they fixed that in a version two. A lot of these devices get improved over time. I'm always careful to say that there are quality issues everywhere, and it's a personal choice to decide on the tradeoffs. Just another reason I'm not comfortable recommending anything.

yeah, that is true. they just dont make things like they used to... like these 1920's Gillettes that are strong and almost 100 years old and still GREAT! :lol: Yes, they did fix a lot of stuff between the first one and V2.5 that they have now... its a pretty solid device now, YMMV still holds true across the board though.

Vaping some double kiwi I made last night. Needs some time to steep but its good and dropping to 6mg has definitely softened the throat hit but at this point that was a very good thing, it had been gradually getting harsher the more I become accustomed to these sub ohm gorilla hits.

I believe I'll be able to make enough juice at these low levels to make my bottle of 60mg nic last for another 6 months pretty easily. Hopefully thats the last nic I buy.

A new vape store opened in Winston Salem recently - Southern Vapes - and I tried Flavorz by Jeff Strawberry/Kiwi - I like it a lot!

Damn, this thread is blowing up! I'm vaping Heaven's from Junkie Juice I got from the shop I work at. It is DEFINITELY my favorite flavor of all time... If you want to follow it on instagram check out "evapemods"..... I make all the post and most of the posts are not advertising just vaping fun!

For device reccomendations I say go all in and get the Provape ProVari... and get a PYREX cartomizer tank... get the full size one though, I think they cost the same. Mini is too small even though I have it. No other device can satisfy me anymore lol.

I didnt realize this thread even existed!

I have been using Lime, Tobacco and Tobacco Pure from Volcano Ecigs, also a little flavor called Papa Smurf... tastes like blueberry. I use these on my small 510 batteries, and a mix of banana strawberry kiwi that I make for a tube tank on my lava tube.

I recently got a K100 mod and a smoketech RSST that I am struggling with... just keeps tasting burnt.

Bring it in to a local vape shops, I'm sure there are plenty in new york. I know my first genesis builds sucked pretty bad lol.

I just got my first RSST in the mail yesterday. Haven't built the coil yet. I'm going to use 400 mesh and 30g Kanthal. There are a ton of good videos online that explain how to do it.

Lately, my 2 favorite juices have been Delaware Vapor Gummy Peach Rings and Peppermint Patty.

This morning I've got a PuriTank full of eVo Caramel Coconut and a ProTank 2 full of MBV Cinnamon Roll. One's on the SVD and the other's on the MVP2.

I just got my first RSST in the mail yesterday. Haven't built the coil yet. I'm going to use 400 mesh and 30g Kanthal. There are a ton of good videos online that explain how to do it.

Lately, my 2 favorite juices have been Delaware Vapor Gummy Peach Rings and Peppermint Patty.

My RSST is with my friend getting rebuilt with 28g wire, he also has 30ml of a pina colada mix, plus 30ml of a dragonfruit/pomegranate mix juices for me.

Practice makes perfect when rebuilding, jump in and keep at it. When I first started I was going nuts trying to figure it out but once you get it you can rebuild in a few minutes.

Practice makes perfect when rebuilding, jump in and keep at it. When I first started I was going nuts trying to figure it out but once you get it you can rebuild in a few minutes.

I haven't tried it myself yet, I let my friend here that has lots of experience do it for me still. lol I'll get to where I give it a try myself at some point.

You're lucky to have someone close to show you how, definitely take advantage of that. I taught my programmer here at work an he was building his own super quick.

yeah, he's a great resource, he's very into the ecig community and such... much the same as I am with B&B and wet shaving. lol

Top Bottom