What's new

Great news! He's converting!

Ouch! When I overdo it and get razor bumps I leave that area alone for a day or so depending on how bad.
Btw, kiss my face cream can be applied with a brush but it isn't designed to be whipped into lather. It looses it's slickness when you do that. Found that out the hard way.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Sounds good. I think you are looking for a TTO: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Category:TTO_Razors - and any Super Speed is a solid choice.

When I use KMF, I use a brush. What is your budget for that? If you want to start with a good value, I like the Omega 10066 boar brush. Horse hair is good too. A quality badger tends to start around $75 and go up quickly.

There is quality as in hand turned on a lathe, and quality as in molded plastic handle but fantastic knot. The first one, yeah, expensive. The second one not so pricey at all, and possibly a better performer.

Unfortunately the FS brushes have gone up a lot in price, and while they are still a decent buy, they aren't the bargain that they used to be, so reluctantly I will not recommend one at this time. But Larry at www.whippeddog,com still sells his badgers for a pretty decent price. Take a look at what you get in a whippeddog badger for half of the price you suggested. There is absolutely no reason to settle for a dinky little tweezerman when a man-sized brush can be had for a couple bucks more. Nor is there any reason to settle for a boar.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
So thanks to the awesomeness of the B&B brothers my husband has his own razor, a Superspeed, and a brush on the way. And I have my very own Lady Gillette coming soon. Sadly, his first shave with his 'new' razor did not go well. There was blood and skin on fire. <sigh> The good news is that he's only a little deterred. Could have been a combination of things working against him (and his poor face...mostly neck). So we'll keep working on it.
Quick question, though....if his face/neck has been cut and razor burned should he shave again the next day like he usually would? Or give it a day to "heal"?

Yeah, definitely give it a day off. Two if possible. Nivea shave balm is very soothing and I recommend applying it a couple times a day. He should maybe try a different blade, too. And make sure that the doors are fully closed. Some newbies don't turn it the last 1/4 turn or so that locks the doors down tight on most TTO razors.

Hopefully he mapped his face and went only WTG? And stretched the skin to be shaven? (But not too tightly!) What kind of soap or cream did he use, and was he using the Superspeed, and what blade?

Thats great you are converting your husband over to DE shaving! Im trying to convert my wife over, I was wondering if you used a brush for leg shaving, thank you for answering that for me. :001_smile
Omega brushes seem to be a good value and can be found easily
Thx
fyi, My wife completely converted. She uses a long handled Gillette black beauty that I found cumbersome; Either Mama Bear female fragrances or UN-scented Ogallala which I add fragrance oil i.e. white ginger, lavender, etc. since I am a wood worker, I turned her a brush handle and used a 28mm silvertip knot (she loves it).

Thats great you are converting your husband over to DE shaving! Im trying to convert my wife over, I was wondering if you used a brush for leg shaving, thank you for answering that for me. :001_smile
Omega brushes seem to be a good value and can be found easily
Thx

I failed to mention that I made her brush handle 4 inches long, easier to use on her legs.

Top Bottom