What's new

Got upset at the barber today

I went to the Barber today for a beard trim (I shave my head) and the Barber decided to shave my entire neck with the straight razor. Completely ruined the shave I had planned tonight. Funny how years ago I would rave about these opportunities but now I can give myself a better shave than a seasoned Barber with the best equipment available.

He didn't obey the grain and now I have major irritation. Oh well, next time i'll know to ask

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
That hornswoggler! He should be tarred and feathered!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I clip my hair (#1 comb) every two weeks if I'm not growing out my hair. I have not visited a barber since my barber of 40 yrs. died 5 years ago. Having said that, I miss that guy every day... me and my dad (passed 10 yrs ago) would go every Saturday morning to the barbershop, even when not getting a haircut!!

Why go to the barber to trim your beard? Seems like a waste. Can't you do that yourself?

I get my beard trimmed by the barber maybe a couple times a year at most when it gets really long and I'm ready for something new. Given the length of my beard, it is essentially a hair cut. I also keep it not less that one inch in length and I've yet to find a beard trimmer that can efficient and accurate maintain that length so its an scissor exercise of which I do not have the talent. Besides, its an awesome old school barber on lakeshore in Toronto so its a bit of an experience as well.

The last time I was at the barber was probably a year ago or so. At that time I was just getting into DE shaving. I thought the straight razor shave was pretty awesome but I've come to expect more from a shave. I just find it interesting that something I used to hate to do and would even pay someone to do is now something I look forward to and can do better.

I just find it interesting that something I used to hate to do and would even pay someone to do is now something I look forward to and can do better.
Yep. Amazing how that happens after hanging out around here! I use a straight razor on occasion, and I can't imagine someone else trying to use one on me. Eek!

Yep. Amazing how that happens after hanging out around here! I use a straight razor on occasion, and I can't imagine someone else trying to use one on me. Eek!

haha, yes indeed. Him going over my adam's apple was very unpleasant. Never seemed to be in the past and this guy is a well respected barber.

i can give myself a better shave than any barber ive seen in my area...going to the barber is meant to be more of a indulge type of thing especially because of that nasty price tag....get a full shave it could be 60-100 bucks ...no thank you i can do that myself thanks to the advice ive had here...best and cheapest shaves ever

Top Bottom